Friday 29 April 2016

Beauty Review | The Body Shop Shade Adjusting Drops


I don't lose my mind over beauty products. I have my staples and I love trying new products, but not many have made my jaw drop like the ones I have to tell you about today.

Actually they straight up annoyed me. Only because they made me so mad that I didn't think of this idea first!

Everyone needs these Shade Adjusting Drops from The Body Shop.
Seriously. Us girls are forever trying and buying every new wonderful foundation on the market and spending a small fortune on the habit too. Then the seasons change and our favourites end up being a shade too light or too dark after a few sessions at the beach. Money wasted. Down the drain. Because lets be honest, you don't stash it for the following summer-  by then you've bought a ton of new products to play with. We all do it. Its okay ladies, this is a safe space to confess your sins.

The Body Shop invited me to their launch and sent me these drops afterwards to test out and I know I'll never be without them forever more. They work with every single foundation and BB cream I tested them with. A drop changes your current foundation by a half a shade according to the official press release, but I am quite careful and prefer dotting gently and mixing half a drop at a time. Waste not, want not - just like gran says.

The Lightening Drops have a concentration of white and pink pigments which neutralises yellowness while lightening the shade of your foundations/BB creams/tinted moisturisers.
The Darkening Drops have a concentration of black and red pigments which helps with foundation that makes you look too light and ashy. They darken while keeping the natural depth. I've had my fair amount of buyers remorse after buying foundation in the wrong lighting. I don't know about you, but the introvert in me never goes back to a store to return stuff. So now I don't have to.


If you're struggling to find whatever new and wonderful foundation has launched this month, in the perfect shade for you, you can simply create it using these drops. I am utterly obsessed at the genius of this idea.

I've also been using it for highlighting and contouring. A few dots of the lightening drops up the nose and across the forehead and under the eyes do wonders for a tired complexion. And then you add some dots of the darkening drops along your jaw line and you've got supermodel cheekbones in a flash. They blend so easily and the finish is flawless.

Here is a rare image of me getting my face in front of the camera for you all - but this is how badly I wanted to give you a demo of how well these work. They are suitable for all skin types, including sensitive skin - which is important for me as I turn red and blotchy if you look at me too hard. My camera is having a timeout for whatever reason so I attempted these on my cell camera. I apologise for the average quality, but you get the idea.



 Grab them in store or online quickly - on my last trip to pick up some of my Body Shop basics, stocks were selling out!. They are R300 each and will save you hundreds in the long run.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Love it? Need more info or have a question? Chat to me in the comments section. xx Leigh

© Pretty Mint | All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig