Monday 7 March 2016

Winter dreaming with Hunter Boots


 March is my favourite time of year. The abundance of bright foil-wrapped chocolate goodies may have something to do with it. Well they certainly add to the joy of Autumn anyway. But I love March because I love Winter so much. I love the beautiful layers of clothing in rich colours and textures. I love being cold and I love winter food and red wine. March is when my mind shifts in the direction of colder temperatures. Fashion also switches it's focus in the same way. Store fronts are changing, and rails are filling with cosy knits and beautiful coats. Then there are the boots.....oh the beautiful boots.
I am addicted. I need them all. I need more than that. I love boots in every length and heel.

So when I got hold of a peek at Hunter's Autumn/Winter range, I needed to share it with you quickly. I have two pairs in my collection and they have been well worth the investment. I have had four happy years with them and they haven't dated, faded or damaged even slightly. They have been walking, puddle stomping and even bird watching through swampy sanctuaries. They are a saviour for morning walks with a hound who is particularly fond of mud and dirt. I am so grateful that Cape Town enjoys a decent winter. It is never unbearably freezing, but we'll get just enough rain, frost and even snow to warrant a pair or two of wellies.

Here are my favourites from the latest range, which includes all the staples, as well as a few pretty pastels, a gorgeous deep wine red and a two-tone pair that I think would make any festival outfit complete. Being a total short shit, I am now eyeing the mid-calf ones. I love my tall pairs, but they do cover my knee instead of sit below it like they do on every model/fashion blogger with legs for days. So I've accepted my height and fate and will try out a shorter pair this season.









You can shop online here: http://www.hunterbootsa.co.za. You can also find them at selected Stuttafords and Queue Shoes stores nationwide.

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Love it? Need more info or have a question? Chat to me in the comments section. xx Leigh

© Pretty Mint | All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig