Monday 18 January 2016

New in | Surviving Summer

Surviving this heatwave in style is proving near impossible. I saw someone on Twitter refer to the constant sweating above her lip as a "sweat snor" and pretty much wet myself. A "snor" for my overseas readers, is a moustache in Afrikaans. And right now I have a salty, dewy one perched above my upper lip almost constantly. I feel like I want to ditch the outdoors in favour of being a mall-rat and watching movies all day - which I know is a sin in summer. But I can only take so many consecutive days of constant heat. I caught myself lurking aimlessly in the Woolies frozen food section this weekend and I've eaten my weight in ice cream and chilled watermelon.

I'll stop whinging now and get on with it. It is summer and it is the season to wear all things floaty and floral - but also things that are not polyester. I require soft cotton based fabrics that move and breathe with me. I also don't need any half-moon action showing up either so quick-drying and non-creasing fabrics are whats getting me through this heatwave without looking and smelling like a hot mess.

I spotted Emma's camis when I popped in to her salon in Wynberg to get my lashes done. I had a quick peruse around her showroom next door and immediately fell in love with the soft cotton and beautiful colours. I completely forgot about it until my Dubai trip with my girlfriends in December when Kirst wore this gorgeous strapless playsuit on our desert safari, and I had serious outfit envy. (Yes, I know I've been pretty shoddy with my travel posts and I will be telling you all about Dubai, Bali and Singapore very soon!).
We were hurled through the dunes in a Land Cruiser in the desert heat, followed by dinner in the middle of nowhere, sitting cross-legged on carpets on the floor and eating with our hands. In between all of this we were getting henna designs painted on our hands and feet and riding camels and smoking hookah (not all at the same time just to clarify) - and my jeans and kaftan weren't fairing as well in the style department as K and her lovely little ensemble.
So I made a mission to stalk Emma Brink and see what is new and show you a few favourites that I found. She has a perfect range of summer staples to see you through balmy days at work, the beach, cocktail hour and for your summer getaways too. I'm a big fan of the playsuits and maxi dresses - they're sexy as hell without flashing too much flesh. And they keep a girl cool and comfy.

So other than that inevitable 'sweat snor', you're stylishly sorted.









You can find out more about Emma and her pretty designs here: http://www.emmabrinkdesigns.com
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Love it? Need more info or have a question? Chat to me in the comments section. xx Leigh

© Pretty Mint | All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig