Monday 21 October 2013

The weekend in Instagram





I only have 4 pictures from the weekend because it revolved entirely around Impi Challenge and there was no place in the dirt for a camera or phone. Friday night was spent carbo-loading and getting outfits ready, and then Sunday was spent limping around the house tending to bruises and stiff muscles - all of which were entirely worth it!

Impi Challenge, for those of you who don't know, is an annual adventure race. It is a 12km trail run through forest, vineyards and farm land, and if that isn't challenging enough, they throw in about 17 obstacles along the way. The obstacles have names like Snake Hill, Vietnam Crawl, Leap of Faith, Snake Pit and Vertigo Wall. Its not for wussies.

19 of us entered as a team this year and it was my favorite Impi Challenge so far. Having your closest friends help you and cheer you on throughout the morning made it so much more fun. We all shared in each others' laughs, tears and little achievements along the way. Some of us hate heights, others have claustrophobia and some are fitter than others. But together we overcame it all and finished strong. As the saying goes, it always seems impossible - until its done. I am delighted with the sense of achievement and each year I am more and more wowed by what my body and mind are capable of. I am so proud and so in love with my friends today. You girls and guys are all machines and individual miracles and should be so proud too. (Once the bruises fade and our legs start functioning again, lets start planning next year!)



FOLLOW ME ON:




SHARE:

1 comment

  1. I love this post. Definitely on my top 10. What an awesome thing to overcome come fear and challenges with your best mates.

    ReplyDelete

Love it? Need more info or have a question? Chat to me in the comments section. xx Leigh

© Pretty Mint | All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig