Wednesday 18 June 2014

5 For Change - Cape Town's chicest annual fundraiser

I am going to go on and say it, 5 For Change is THE must-do Cape Town gala event of the year. It is the one night that Capetonians actually pull finger and attempt to actually adhere to a black-tie dress code and pull out their finery for a good cause.

Sadly, I was unable to make it this year as I was away that weekend for another celebration, so I sent my bestie, blog correspondent, and total hottie Tarryn and the fab Claire from The Studio Group to check it out in my place. This is what went down. Word and photos from Tdog.

I personally look forward to 5 for Change every year as it’s the one time that you get to really go all out and dress to the nines. We're talking black tie here, proper "New York Charity Ball" Black tie, long gorgeous dresses for the ladies and penguin suits for the guys. Now some people in Cape Town get this perfectly right, others clearly didn’t read the memo, which is a little disappointing, but this year most people seemed to make a wonderful effort and it was truly an event to remember.

5 for Change is an annual black tie fundraiser dedicated to raising awareness about five inspiring social enterprises which are changing the way Cape Town gives back.

This year the 5 Beneficiaries involved truly tugged at the heart strings, each one unique in their own way and using the resources and people around them to encourage development through various ways of skill providing and interaction. Everyone deserves a helping hand along the way! Do yourself a favour and check them out.

Milkshed

I Am Somebody

Earthchild Project

Girls and Football SA

Rock Girl

The night involved getting to know some of the beneficiaries a bit better and then it was onto the gorgeous canapes and some great entertainment from Louise Day and The Kiffness, the bubbles flowed and the auctioneer spoke too fast for me to understand a word he was saying, but the bids kept coming, I even had a friend who bid on his own bid, he beat himself in the end and took home some amazing wine ;)

All in all 5 for Change 2014 was an amazing night, I danced until the lights came on and the heels came off! I will definitely be back next year!













 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Love it? Need more info or have a question? Chat to me in the comments section. xx Leigh

© Pretty Mint | All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig