Monday 30 June 2014

Life via iPhone

Wow, things have clearly been quiet when what was a weekly post consisting on 12 photos, is now 3 weeks overdue and I only have 8 pictures to share.
That is about to change thank goodness and I am creeping out of hermit-mode with a bang! It is the Vodacom Durban July this weekend and I am flying up on Thursday for a weekend of Durban sunshine and parties.

I have enjoyed the down-time however. It has given me time to relax, have a mini technology detox and letting the body recover. If you missed it, I have been off after having an operation, the recovery from which was crippled by a bout of flu. So what should have been one week off turned into almost three and made life more than a little difficult. On the upside, I got to spend time walking along the promenade and really getting stuck into books by local author, Maggie Orford. Go and get hold of a copy of Like Clockwork. You won't be able to put it down!


Luckily I had already planned to stay off the event and party scene, and only had a baby shower or two and the odd dinner date planned with friends and family. But before I went on leave, I did a little interview with the lovely Jen Sanasie at News24 for their Blog of the Week feature. I was so honoured to be asked, and incredibly excited. That was until I arrived to find myself in an actual studio, with lights, a sound room, and a few cameramen staring back at me. I managed to muddle my way through without piddling on their couch, and after all the nerves subsided, I found myself thoroughly enjoying it. Thanks again for having me Jen!


So after three weeks of pity parties, sympathy cupcakes and taking it easy, we are back baby! I have tons of fabulous content to share with you, and a fabulous little Revlon giveaway this week. So keep coming back daily.

xx
Leigh
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. Welcome back :-) I won't lie, I have missed your online presence!!

    And I am drooling over that watch all over again

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Fergie-fergalicious!
      So good to be back!

      Delete
  2. Margie Orford is excellent. I'm reading her second one "Water Music" ;-) I'm a sucker for crime novels!
    Glad to hear you're feeling better! Missed your blog!
    Catch up over coffee soon please... and I meant it. I'm a Jozi girl after all, and we stick to what we say ;) LOL
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Loving her books. Almost wish I had more time off to plough through them all along with a vat of tea :)
      Definitely need to catch up over coffee, dying to hear about the new place and your upcoming trip to Greece!

      Delete

Love it? Need more info or have a question? Chat to me in the comments section. xx Leigh

© Pretty Mint | All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig