Monday 6 October 2014

Life via iPhone



Clockwise from top left: Wine tasting at De Grendel; Coffee with sprinkles - as it should be; Healthy Saturday morning green smoothies and chock-nan pancakes (my new speciality); Cupcakes and chai lattes for breakfast at the CY Market

It has been a while since I did one of these posts. Mostly because I think I was all Instagram'd out after our Thailand trip. And I think I am still suffering with the remnants of some post-paradise blues.  On top of that, being on the butt-end of the fashion industry (manufacturing, importing and such) means we've hit crazy season. Hence I've had to be very selective when it comes to dashing out to events and launches. That doesn't mean that I don't have tons to share with you though. I have some beautiful sunnies coming up tomorrow, a facial to end all facials and so much more.

Clockwise from top left: Sun worshipping with my little bug; The best smile from Vida my little fat squirrel; Sibling selfie at The Fray concert; My ever-inspiring gym.
On the personal side, I've had a great few weeks of very laid back weekends. Life is all about balance so they say, and I've been bouncing between my beloved SWEAT classes, yoga and running - and balancing it out with some very yummy new discoveries. My favourite being our new hole in the wall, Yo Meatball on Roeland Street. Its tiny, uncomplicated and ruddy delicious. You simply order your meatballs, your sauce and your side - and everything is one price, R55. If you go, have the chicken meatballs smothered in a creamy basil pesto sauce, with sweet potato mash. It is comfort food at its finest.

Shameless selfie while trying new Revlon lippy; A fun little vest I found in Thailand; Margaritas from Zapata with sour worms, why don't all margarita jugs come with these? ; My Forever21 shopping spree that started at the launch, and has not stopped yet.

I had a bit of a cold this past week so my weekend was spent buried in a book. I finally got around to reading Gone Girl and I pretty much read for 48 hours straight. With the movie having already being released, I needed to get it done before I heard any spoilers - and my mind, well she was blown. I don't think I have been this excited for a movie in ages. I hope they do this incredible book justice. I read somewhere we'll be seeing Ben Affleck's junk, so the movie already has that going for it.

The week ahead brings a few challenges, some exciting launches and potential collaborations. I am also in the process of redecorating at home so I'm up to my ears in projects. Just the way I like it.

So happy Monday, get to that grind - even if that means just making it to the coffee machine.
xx
Leigh




SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Love it? Need more info or have a question? Chat to me in the comments section. xx Leigh

© Pretty Mint | All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig