Wednesday 15 October 2014

September's favourites

I have been wanting to get around to a post like this for ages. One of the most wonderful perks of being a blogger is that I quite often get asked to try out new products and I have so much to tell you about. This does mean that my bathroom cabinet and vanity area look a bit like a disheveled beauty salon at times - but I'm certainly not complaining. Adding to this, and much to my poor husband's dismay, I am a total beauty junkie. So I also buy a fair amount myself too. This has got to the point where Dave takes me by the hand in Clicks and leads me to the aisles we need to get to, completely circumventing the beauty section. Mean isn't it?

Here are the products that I loved in September.




Naked 3 Palette: I bought this while travelling, and I haven't looked back. I am a big fan of Naked 1, and when 2 was launched I wasn't too excited about the shades. But when I saw the pretty, pink nudes that lined the tray in the Naked 3 palette, I was sold. I think having palettes 1 and 3 makes for a pretty solid eyeshadow collection. As always, they are the perfect travel companion too. In SA, you can trust good 'ol Rubybox to hook you up.

Sorbet BB Cream: This stuff is only R100 at Sorbet salons or Clicks. I know it launches ages ago, and I obviously wasn't paying enough attention because it was recommended to me by a friend whose skin always looks so flawless. So thanks for sharing your secret Liv, because this is a really great product. The coverage is medium and leaves a subtle glow on the skin. It has become a daily favourite and is in serious contention with my Bourjois 123 Perfect CC cream as the best budget buy for your makeup bag.

Shwarzkopf Color Freeze Shampoo and Hair Mask: I attended a relaunch of the Schwarzkopf range a while ago at GHD Style Bar. I've been using their products for years on my heavily bleached hair and it works like a bomb. Their fantastic stylists recommended trying these two products to better preserve my blonde and to keep it from becoming dried out and natty. These will become repeat purchases without a doubt. It isn't easy keeping fake-blonde hair soft and shiny and this does exactly that. I also love how long salon products last. You really only need to use so little. Especially the hair mask. I just dip my pinky finger in the tub and that is enough for me. You'll find these either at GHD Style Bar, or have them delivered to your door with RetailBox.


Soap & Glory Heel Genius: I went a little batshit crazy in Boots while we were in Thailand back in August. They kept luring me in with 3-for-2 specials, and gift sets and various other specials which i dutifully took advantage of. So I now have almost every product in their range. But with my recent increase in running training leading up to the Gun Run this past weekend, their foot mask/cream was a lifesaver. If you're travelling, pop one of these into your shopping cart. The cream is light, and smells nice and fresh. You apply before bed, slip on some socks and wake up with very pretty tootsies. Love.

Ciaté Nail Laquer in Candy Floss: This is the perfect pink. I love it. I live in it and I can't wait for summer to arrive so I can start wearing it on my toesies. Bet you didn't know you could get this brand in SA - so everyone say a big fat thank you to the kids at Clicks. They're bring them in and I couldn't be more excited.




SHARE:

1 comment

  1. I really wish that Soap and Glory was fully available in SA. I have never ever been disppointed with a product of theirs and that heel cream looks like a must.

    Also have Naked 1 and 3 and am so happy with them both. Nr2 was a bit to meh for me.

    XoXo One Stiletto At a Time

    ReplyDelete

Love it? Need more info or have a question? Chat to me in the comments section. xx Leigh

© Pretty Mint | All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig