Monday 20 October 2014

Life via iPhone


The last few weeks I have thrown myself in to exercise and running. Not necessarily for the coming summer, but because I entered Gun Run half marathon on a bit of a whim and then didn't do an awful lot about it. So 3 weeks before the race I pulled my socks up and ran as much as I could. I don't have a problem with fitness thanks to SWEAT1000, but I needed time on my legs before the run. It could have gone better in the end, and my time wasn't fabulous, but I finished and felt fine afterward, so its another half marathon ticked off the bucket list.


Cape Town in the spring time is one of the best times of the year. The wind crops up every now and then, but other than that the weather is perfect for being outside and enjoying all of the beautiful things our city has to enjoy. I've also recently discovered a few new coffee spots in my area. I am rather obsessed with cortados these days ( an espresso cut with a spot of warm milk), and Bootlegger in Sea Point makes the best.


It is also Breast Cancer Awareness and I've tried to get involved as much as I can with the different brands doing their thing to raise awareness and raise funds - all while rocking as much pink as possible. I now have pink hair, pink beauty products, pink dinnerware and even a fair amount of pink clothing all in the name of donating and getting involved. I know some of you may think it is a superficial way to contribute - but what I've learned about charity work in my time in corporate is that the easier you make it, and the prettier you wrap it up, the better you'll do for your cause. So I tip my hat to the brands who have given of their time and energy to a wonderful cause.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Love it? Need more info or have a question? Chat to me in the comments section. xx Leigh

© Pretty Mint | All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig