Thursday 16 July 2015

Beauty Blitz | Quick reviews

*NEW SERIES*
Because I am constantly sharing different elements of fashion, beauty, travel and my life with you, I don't always get the time to do a full review on everything that I'd like to tell you about. Beauty reviews can take weeks while comparing results and I get quite a lot of product sent my way. I don't review everything - only what I love and what I think you'll love. So what I am going to put together each couple of weeks is a quick "blitz post" summarising some of the amazing products I am enjoying and want to share with you quicker. Some are new launches, and others, while not new to the market, are new to me. Lets get this going, shall we?


Hand Chemistry Dry Hands and Heels Hydration Complex: R300 at Clicks

Its thick but not oily, leaves a light tingle and really works like a charm. I am suffering with horribly dry hands this winter, never mind the forlorn looking feet. I have taken to slathering this on with socks at night and between this and my Schol electronic foot file, I'm keeping the lizard skin at bay. Instead of the traditional focus on peeling/removing tough skin, this brand aims to hydrate and rebalance - and I think it is doing a great job. Would definitely repurchase if the price point wasn't so high. (Product c/o brand PR)


Slim Sonic toothbrush: R299 at www.slimsonic.co.za

Loving this little gadget for travel. Perfect for carry on and the gorgeous case keeps it clean and dry and its also tiny enough to fit in my handbag or cosmetics purse. I wasn't initially sold on the whole "sonic, 22 000 brush strokes per minute" thing, but after using it, I get the hype. My teeth are cleaner than ever, which is great seeing as I'm currently on a 4-cups--of-coffee-a-day phase. Its certainly preserving the last whitening session. I adore the range of colours and prints available - who says the morning ritual needs to be boring?(Product c/o brand PR)


 Darling Jane Sweet Vanilla Scrub: R35 at www.darlingjane.com

Come Christmas time, all my girls are getting a tub of this stuff in their stocking. At R35, it is a steal for a massive tub of sugary sweet lip scrub that will last weeks. I've tried a few other products like the coffee scrub and the peppermint scrub, and both are wonderful too. This is new local brand, so show them some love. I will definitely be buying again. (Product bought at discount offered by brand)


Rapid Lash Eyelash and Eyebrow Renewal Serum: R850 at www.rapidlash.co.za

I am probably the only person on earth who hadn't tried this stuff yet. A bunch of the girls have tried it with roaring success. Lash extensions being the tedious eyeball caterpillars that they are, I am finding I prefer this idea. My lashes are getting ticker by the week and once they've got where I want them to be, I'll be trying out the new Eyelash Lift at Wembley Square. Can't wait to show off the results. (Product c/o brand PR)



Maybelline Blushed Nudes eyeshadow palette: $9,99 at various USA drugstores. No word yet on when or if it will be available in SA.

This was on my American Beauty wishlist that I write about here  and I am a very happy little beauty girl that I managed to snap one up. The pigment is great and all of the colours are perfect for my green eyes and paler colouring. The palette consists of 12 shades, cleverly broken down into quads, trios and duos of shades that play well together and it very handy when putting together a look. While not a 100% dupe for the Urban Decay Naked 3 palette, its pretty close at around a fifth of the price.
Holding thumbs and crossing the other fingers and toes that this comes to South Africa soon because I think you'll all love it. (Product bought myself)


Sorbet Salon Skin Daily Skin Polish Powder: R220 at Clicks & Sorbet Salons

I love this product very much. At a smidgeon of the price of the Dermalogica version, it suits my pocket. I've used it with plain water for an intense exfoliation, but prefer it with my cream face wash for something more gentle. (Product bought myself)

The Body Shop Tea Tree Cool & Creamy Wash: R70 at Clicks and The Body Shop

I previously wrote about this products here and even though my skin is clearing up nicely, I am still using this daily to keep the nasties at bay. Love the tingle. I've also been mixing a bot of the Sorbet Skin Polish Powder with it and enjoying a creamy exfoliation once a week. (Product bought myself)
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Love it? Need more info or have a question? Chat to me in the comments section. xx Leigh

© Pretty Mint | All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig