Monday 27 July 2015

Kirsten Goss | #GetPersonal

If you've been reading my blog since the early days, you'll know I have a massive obsession with dainty jewellery. I've come to love a good statement piece, but small and pretty will always be my go-to when accessorising. I hadn't bought any new jewellery in a while, and then the Kirsten Goss invite popped into my inbox (Houston, we now have a problem. The fire has been reignited. >>insert money with wings emoji here<<). 


I'd been admiring her brand and her journey from afar, yet never had the chance to have a look at any of the collections or meet the designer. All of that changed last week when she hosted a couple of fashion bloggers for a showcase of two collections, called #getpersonal and #diamondcondition. I'm just going to show you the first range today, because there is one hell of a lot of pretty to take in here. In a nutshell, KG is now offering personalisation on their range of jewellery and it is beautiful. Popular options are the Pinny and Barboa necklaces, or the Halo ring. The items are hand stamped by a very talented and patient goldsmith. You've got choices of sterling silver, rose gold vermeil, gold vermeil and 18kt gold. 


We were also treated to a fashion film and a chat with Kirsten herself. Getting to chat to her and see her contagious energy and passion first hand made me fall in love her designs even more. Hopefully, just by wearing them, they'll pass on a bit of her incredible spark onto me. She also passed on this gem (if you'll excuse the pun): "While diamonds are forever, they are also for everyday". I like that. I like that a lot. This woman could be trouble actually....






At the end of KG's fabulous event, we were sent off with a little present - a Pinny necklace to call our own, which I've been wearing non-stop since. I love the simplicity. It is terribly chic.

The unlucky husband has already been sent a wishlist that covers every birthday, Christmas and anniversary presents for the next few years. I tried convincing him that we should celebrate 'monthaversarys' as well, but he was having none of it. Luckily there are plenty of lovely brunch spots along Bree that I can use as an excuse to pop in, with Dave in tow, and I'll slap him with the best puppy eyes I can manage. Or just slap him. Whatever works. (just kidding boo!)

Go on. Treat yo'self. Drag along someone who loves you and pop into the store on 229 Bree Street in Cape Town, or 366 Florida Road, Morningside, in Durbs. Joburg, there is even one for you at 64 St Andrew Street in Birdhaven. Or shop online at www.kirstengoss.co.za



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Love it? Need more info or have a question? Chat to me in the comments section. xx Leigh

© Pretty Mint | All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig