Friday 21 August 2015

New in | Milkshake HairCare



 I got a sneak peak at the latest RetailBox Secret Box (number 14) last week and had some time to test the products inside. I can now not only reveal whats inside, but I can also tell you a bit about them and what I think.

I present, Milkshake Hair Care....
...the best smelling hair products I have ever used.


Shampoo and Conditioner (R250 each)


Firstly, they smell like peach yoghurt and you'll be tempted to lick your locks after using. There are so coconut undertones in the scent as well - thanks to the presence of coconut oil in the ingredients. It is heavenly. Speaking of ingredients, you'll find hydrolysed keratin, shea butter and again oil, along with that coconut oil which nourish and protect your hair. Infused with organic Muru Muru butter, this shampoo and conditioner maintain colour vibrance and helps restructure damaged hair.

Now for what I thought: I have fine hair. It is also thin and it is also bleached. Usually products packed with oils and butters leave me with a sticky un-brushable mop. These, however, did not and I am very happy about it. Mostly because I like my hair smelling like sweets. But also because they are doing such a damn fine job of nourishing my dry ends and leaving my hair looking shiny and soft. Just remember that you don't need tons of the stuff to get results and you'll love it.


Leave-in Hair Milk (R244)

It smells like butterscotch and that was all I needed to fall in love immediately. It claims to do 12 different things which I think is ridiculous, but after reading up on it and finding that it was named "Best Leave-In Conditioner" at the Hair Magazine awards this year, I figured it might actually be able to back those claims.  These are some of the claims that stood out to me:
  • Protects from UV rays
  • Maintains your hair colour
  • Repairs all hair types
  • Protects against heat
  • Detangles hair
  • Controls Frizz
  • Creates volume
As I mentioned, I don't have a lot of hair. Shame.
So when it comes to leave-in treatments and conditioners I am fussy as hell because I am generally left with an oily, sticky mess. I tested in two ways. First I used it after shampooing and conditioning and spritzed it on to use as a styling aid - an hoped it would protect my hair from the heat styling, while detangling and still creation volume etc, etc etc. Honestly, I should not have conditioned. It was too much for my 6 strands of hair. So I tried again the next day and used it as a leave-in conditioner after towel drying my freshly shampooed hair. This was much better and it was brilliant as a detangled and heat protection spray. Nothing on this planet gives me volume, so I can't comment there, but it certainly kept the frizz at bay.

My second test, and my new daily favourite is to use it as a leave-in conditioner and let my hair dry naturally. My hair is soft to the touch and feels thicker and healthier using this product. Then if I want to style it, I do that much later in the morning.

All in all, the Milkshake brand and these 3 products you'll find in the latest Secret Box are a serious bunch of winners.
And at R299, you'd best be quick and snap up the latest secret box, because you're saving a massive R445!

Yes I am fully aware I need to give my shower tiles a good grout blitz....but at least now you've seen my shower. Now you can picture me in it....sexaaay.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Love it? Need more info or have a question? Chat to me in the comments section. xx Leigh

© Pretty Mint | All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig