Monday 5 August 2013

The weekend in Instagram




We are leaving for California tomorrow! I am so excited, I can already taste the Root Beer, Lucky Charms, salt water taffy and general deep fried goodness!

The weekend was spent prepping for our travels. We picked up a travel wallet/folder at Typo and like mind readers they had a gorgeous canvas with a California map printed on it. It will be mine when we get back. Packing is every girl's nightmare and I still have a lot to get done. I only managed to get as far as choosing bikinis.

Friday was a seriously indulgent day, with a coffee date with some of my gorgeous girlfriends. We discovered that our favorite spot for cake now does a cake tasting platter. This solves the eternal problem of deciding which one to have. You can choose 4 half slices to try out and this delighted Lol and I to no end. So we shared a platter with red velvet cake, chocolate cake, red velvet cheesecake, and lastly, a turkish delight cake. Bliss on a plate.
We then went to Brenaissance in Stellenbosch to celebrate a friends birthday. I have posted about their pizza before - its heavenly. Think biltong, feta, caramelized onions....yum!

Saturday was spent with my family. A feast of fish and chips combined with family time and puppy cuddles from my fluffy little bear, Vida. Doesn't her fuzzy little face melt your cold dead heart?

The weekend was rounded off with a yoga session, before spending some quality time with Dave's folks at Harbour House at the Waterfront. Its the first time we'd been there and we were hugely impressed. I had the most divine mussels.

Lastly, I just have to tell you about these face masks I discovered. French green clay masks from Alive Products. I have never got results from an at-home facial like this. The mask I am currently trying out cleared my skin up in a day and left it feeling so soft, yet so clean and clear! The full blog post is coming soon.

Have a gorgeous week. I'll still be updating the blog on Mondays with photos from our travels, while the rest of the week will still have plenty of pre-scheduled prettiness for you to indulge your eyeballs in.

xx




FOLLOW ME ON:





SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Love it? Need more info or have a question? Chat to me in the comments section. xx Leigh

© Pretty Mint | All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig