Wednesday 19 February 2014

Getting bespectacled with Calvin Klein & Mellins i-Style


As a Moscon Eyewear ambassador I get to do some pretty cool things. I get to see the latest eyewear collections from some amazing designers, and even better, I get to wear them. The latest mission they sent me on was to try out Mellins i-Style optometrists.


The store is huge, impressively stylish and carries so many amazing brands such as Calvin Klein, Lacoste, Silhouette Diesel, Levi's and many more. Definitely not your boring optometrist experience of years gone by. But before I could spend hours trying on dozens of styles, I had to go and do the hard bit - seeing how blind I actually am.



Mellins was one of the first to adopt new technology in the field and they use a rather fancy robot-looking machine called the i-Profiler to diagnose. This machine delivers a diagnosis 4 times more accurate than anything else existing in optometry right now, so its the real deal. I simply had to stare at a pretty picture of a hot air balloon for a few minutes and then we were done and diagnosed! (The only room for improvement would be to change the picture to a shirtless Ryan Gosling - then you'll see those pupils dance and dilate!)


I won't bore you with how blind I am, just be grateful that you are all a lot safer on the roads now. My car certainly is. And man, some of you are uuuuuugly! Kidding, all of my readers are gorgeous, obviously. Please still read my blog!
It is weird seeing the world in HD though - it took some getting used to and now I have them on me at all times. Again fellow commuters, you're welcome.


The fun bit came next when I got to pick out my "smart-but-sexy-but-not-hipster-but-not-slutty" looking specs. Like I said, they have a huge array of premium brands, but in the end I went with a gorgeous pair of tortoiseshell Calvin Klein's. The product code is CK5694-219 if you like the look of them. I certainly do, I love the shape and colour so much. And we all know how hot tortoiseshell is right now right? They are also available in red and black - check them out over here. T


If you're looking to update your specs, pop into Mellins at Canal Walk. The staff were super friendly and my optometrist, Mr Uys, was so helpful. Thank you so much for the eye test and frames, big loves to you and your wonderful team!

Find them at Shop 168, Canal Walk, Century City
Tel: 021-5512460 / 461



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Love it? Need more info or have a question? Chat to me in the comments section. xx Leigh

© Pretty Mint | All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig