Monday 24 February 2014

The week in Instagram


The past week has been a busy one. Our 2014 range catalogue went off to print so finally I had some time on my hands and was able to focus on my résumé and start sending it out. I am so excited for whatever the next chapter may bring.

We are really getting into our juicing and our super foods. Every day starts off with a green juice or vitamin booster, and dinners almost always involve quinoa salads. It is much easier to eat light in summer - although the weekend indulgences are keeping the weight firmly attached to my cottage cheese butt!

This weekend we traded in our salads for burgers at Gibsons, before checking out Anchorman 2. The peanut butter milkshake alone was worth raving about.

On Saturday we spent the day at the Breede river and camped over with a bunch of friends and all the kiddos. Dave and I are serious city kids, so we had a pop-up tent which we barely managed to get right, and no mattress - so we hoped for the best in letting mother nature be our soft, cushy bed. Sadly she didn't play along and now we both feel like our spines are pretzel shaped and will be booking a thai massage this week to bend us back into shape! Spinal issues aside, it was so much fun to spend time with great friends, float down the river on a lilo and drink G&T's by the fire. Camping isn't so bad after all.

I have also been doing some shopping for Thailand - I know it is only in August, but it'll be winter then, and the shops won't have anything for the beach. So many people have told me not to bother and to rather shop there, but I just need one or two more things before I go. I am also toying with the idea of investing in some Birkenstocks. Yes they are the world's second ugliest shoes after Uggs, but international bloggers have been styling them to perfection and now they really do appeal to me. If you have any Thailand travel or shopping tips, or even better, restaurant tips - please chat to me in the comments section!

Lastly, because I love spreading happiness and distracting you all from work, go and download an app called CatWang. Then go and enjoy putting cat faces on all of your photos or turning your pets into gangsters. You're welcome.





FOLLOW ME ON:
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Love it? Need more info or have a question? Chat to me in the comments section. xx Leigh

© Pretty Mint | All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig