Wednesday 5 February 2014

The weekend in Instagram



This post is so late, I am so sorry kids. Work has been beyond manic and blogging has taken a backseat for a little bit. I have such great stuff to post about, but hardly any time to write! I promise to pull finger and get back to daily posts next week. To get things back on track, I got some gorgeous new specs courtesy of my eyewear sponsor, Moscon Optics. I had my eyes tested at Mellins in Canal Walk - do yourself a favour and head over there next time you need an eye test. They are using technology like you have never seen before to diagnose eyesight issues. I was suitably impressed with their robots. I'll be doing a full post next week on my experience. Also, you're all a lot safer on the roads now that I can see again!

The weekend that was, was tons of fun. We managed to get some seriously VIP tickets to the J&B Met courtesy of GrandWest and we put up in a rather fancy suite at the Grand Hotel, shuttled to and from the races and we got to spend the day in a gorgeous marquee with the best view of the finish line - and they certainly did not skimp on the catering. We got to gorge on sushi, macarons and bubbly all day long. Sadly the horses weren't playing along and we got most of our bets horribly wrong. The only one's that seemed to come through for us were the ones that I chose based on either having pink racing colours or pretty names. Solid theory no?

We also tried out Lefty's Dive Bar in Harrington Street - famed for their ribs and Kentucky waffles. The Kentucky waffles were our favorite. They sound revolting but don't knock it until you've tried it, they are delish! Belgium waffles, topped with fried chicken and bacon and drizzled in maple syrup. We loved it!

My 250gram prints arrived as well. You need to check these guys out - they print your Instagram pics out into little polaroid style prints. I can't wait to display mine. It was so great picking out some images that summed up 2013 for me - it was such a wonderful year with so many great memories.

It was also the Chinese New Year this past weekend. Kung hei fat choy! May it be a wonderful year to all my Chinese friends and readers.
Apparently the Year of the Horse is great for travel, which is great news for me - because we have tons of that planned for 2014.

xx
Leigh






FOLLOW ME ON:





SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Love it? Need more info or have a question? Chat to me in the comments section. xx Leigh

© Pretty Mint | All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig