Wednesday 3 June 2015

Splurge vs Steal

Image: Source, Source, Source
Almost every single international style blogger has been rocking a variation of the Chloé Drew handbag and isn't gorgeous? While I was in New York last month, I thought I'd pop my head into good 'ol Bergdorff Goodman and peruse the designer handbags. It felt oh-so-good being the presence of Chanel, Balenciaga, Prada and Chloé  to name a few. And I made a list of 'investment' pieces that I'd love to own - but to be honest, the Chloé didn't make my list. At around $1450 (roughly R17 000), it is pricey for a trendy and rather impractical bag. It is tiny, so your standard wallet, smartphone and sunnies are going to have a hard time squeezing in - and thats before makeup, keys and whatever else us girls travel with on the daily.

So while it is incredibly beautiful, its really not a day-to-day bag and you'd only really use it for a night out or event. So instead of R17 000, I spent R299. Oh yes, under 2% of the designer price! This Riley bag from Superbalist caught my eye the other day, shortly after I landed, and I couldn't help but notice how similar it was to the Drew. So wisely, I snapped it up for myself. I think you should too.


SHARE:

2 comments

Love it? Need more info or have a question? Chat to me in the comments section. xx Leigh

© Pretty Mint | All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig