Wednesday 21 October 2015

Beauty Blitz

This week I have sort of a turquoise themed Beauty Blitz for you. I've had all of these products for about 2 months now so I've really given them a good trial and I am so excited to share them with you. Again, some products are new to market and others are new to me or have been recommended by one of the girls. So I hope you find something useful out of these reviews!


Phillip Kingsley Waterproof Hairspray: R515

This stuff was put to the test in Bali and Singapore recently. I would never have previously been tempted to spend this amount on hairspray, and for the sake of disclosure I must mention that this was a PR drop - but I am definitely repurchasing. I wore my hair in a top knot most of our trip because of humidity - but my hair is just too short to stay up. This stuff kept my bun in place and my stray shorter hairs styled up just fine. All damn day. It was never sticky and it never failed to wash out nicely at the end of each day. I'll have a good rant in a travel post about the weather in Singapore but for now all I'll say is that anything that worked in Singapore, will work anywhere, and is worth every penny!



Coola UV Makeup Setting Spray

Why has no one thought of this before? Or why didn't I? I suffer from pigmentation quite badly so I am holy about wearing sunscreen. Any product that has a decent SPF rating get tossed into my shopping cart without a second thought. I use a makeup setting spray every single day, so one that doubles up as extra protection from the sun is a must-have in my books. I really made this baby work when I spent the day cycling in the boiling NYC sun two months ago - and my makeup stayed put all day, and I didn't even get the slightest colour on my face. Normally I'll get a little red on the snorkel if I don't reapply sunblock on a long day in the sun. So I am impressed. Very impressed. It isn't available here in SA, so beg a friend who is anywhere near a Sephora to bring some home for you.



Kate Spade Walk on Air fragrance: $75 - $95

This was an impulse purchase after being swept up by all the pretty things in their flagship store on Madison Avenue. I went in to buy a handbag and came out with this as well. I normally love sweeter scents like Narcisco/Tom Ford Black Orchid - but this fun and fresh scent felt just like a spring day near the seaside and I just had to have it. Its clean, light and feminine with notes of lily of the valley, magnolia, linden blossom and jasmine.
I promised myself I'd save it for spring/summer but I've probably worn it at least twice a week since I bought it because I love the freshness.



The Body Shop Oils of Life Intensely Revitalising Essence Lotion: R195

This, along with the revitalising cream, was sent over a few weeks ago. I've been testing both - however this one has been easier to add to my routine as I am pretty set in my ways with my moisturiser. The oil is light enough to add before my moisturiser even for daytime. Just a drop warmed between my hands and patted on to my skin after cleansing and toning is more than enough. I am enjoying it especially for this transitional weather. Cape Town takes until December to decide if its summer or not, so this is handy for hydration and keeping skin plump all day long.



 Cafe de Bain - about R60? I wish I'd bought more!

I regularly panic and go on bubble bath binges. Instead of stocking up routinely, I buy a ton of bubble bath products and then use them all, and ultimately go for almost a month without my beloved bubble baths. Then I get to a mall and buy one form almost every store I go in to. This was a sweet surprise find at Pick 'n Pay of all places and I only picked it up because I grabbed the matching bubble bath first. After smelling it I was hooked and grabbed the body wash too. I only wish I'd stocked up because I've been back since and haven't found these again! If you see these anywhere in Cape Town, please let me know. The smell takes me right back to Laduree in Paris.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Love it? Need more info or have a question? Chat to me in the comments section. xx Leigh

© Pretty Mint | All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig