Friday 21 June 2013

#StyleBloggerStarter - Challenge One

So for our first assignment, Glamour challenged us to become a "street style" photographer for the week and send in between 5 and 8 pictures with a common theme.

I have to say it had me in a spin because I am not the most outgoing person in the world and asking people to stop and pose frightened the bejeezus out of me. I had no idea where to begin.

My first thought was that I could fib and just tell people that I was an intern for The Sartorialist and hope they aren't too disappointed that they didn't get featured in his latest book. But you know, legal issues and such....not such a great plan.

Source: http://clatl.com

Plan B was to invite the bestie over for dinner, feed her lots of wine, promise her endless macarons and then con her into doing a fashion video montage a la The Sweetest Thing. But I have no doubt she'd push me in front of oncoming traffic if I posted that for the world wide web to see. That and, she has more dirt on me than this blog ever needs to see. So we'll nip that idea in the bud.





Finally, after much researching using my favorite style websites, blogs and good old Pinterest, I came up with a plan. I realised that the posts and pictures I enjoyed the most when it came to "street style" were ones of models "off duty". For example, the endless pictures we are seeing of the lovely Aussie shmodel Miranda Kerr making day-to-day style look easy. 

So for my street style theme, I have chosen "Models off-duty". Its not focussed on a particular current trend, but rather a gorgeous collection of the gorgeous people rocking the best of Winter 2013. Because who interprets current trends better than the people who get to see it first, right?

I have to say a massive thanks to Donne at Ice Genetics and the wonderful models themselves for letting me rock up at your offices and stalk you all with my camera. And thank you for being just so ridiculously good, good, good looking.
You may also notice a familiar face - and I just have to say a special thank you to the unfairly tall, talented and beautiful, Liezel Van Der Westhuizen for joining in and her amazing support of the blog so far. Much love to you lady!

Now, I'll stop rambling on, and instead let you enjoy the pictures. I am beyond happy with the results. The fabulously trendy outfits, and the array of covetable boots and handbags - all just too gorgeous. 
As only the pretty people can do...

This bag. No really, this bag. Gorgeous.

Love a man who isn't afraid of colour. And the boots - love!

Can you even handle that clutch?

The boots. The bodysuit. The studded jacket. I want it all. And her fabulous hair.

Have you ever seen neutrals look so good?

Legs for days. Amazing faux fur gilet, and the perfect "goes with everything" tan boots - from Green Cross
would you believe?

The loveliest lace look I have ever seen, and the grey suede booties and that aqua bag are on my covet list!

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Love it? Need more info or have a question? Chat to me in the comments section. xx Leigh

© Pretty Mint | All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig