Monday 10 June 2013

The weekend in Instagram






Friday saw my Hey Gorgeous order arrive - and I couldn't wait to start trying the products out. I have to say so far that the Banish and Repair Serum is amazing. I can already feel a difference.
I also stopped on at my favorite place to buy something sweet. In bulk. Because why wouldn't you want a kilogram of speckled eggs?
We decided to postpone the pre-USA diet to this week and had a last "hurrah" this weekend. We started with Hussar grill for the legendary hog ribs, followed by my favorite dessert, their chocolate vodka.

I got invited to pop in at the Lush Cavendish launch on Saturday. I could get used to the idea of being handed a glass of champagne and having a personal shopper show me around the new store and telling me all about the new products. I want one of those all the time - especially the glass of bubbly!

That afternoon we had a seriously indulgent girls tea with macarons from Cassis, and then 3 slices of pure heaven from The Velvet Cake Co.
You have not had red velvet cake until you have tried theirs. We also tried their red velvet cheesecake, and their "Cocoa Chanel" chocolate cake. My world has shifted. I have experienced heaven. You need to try their cake. Its worth the drive north.
Cake aside, I got to spend an afternoon having much needed venting and laughing with two girls whom I am so grateful to have as friends. Sometimes you really need to vent, sob and have people around you who just get it, and make sure that you know they are rooting for you, and are 100% in your corner no matter what.

My grandparents are staying in Cape Town for 6 weeks and its such a treat. They are from Durban and we don't spend much time with them so its wonderful to finally have some overdue quality time.
Sunday was spent having a nice long brunch date at our place. The weather was gorgeous and I knew they'd love hanging out on our balcony and soaking up the sea air. Brunch turned to lunch, then tea, and then lazing on the couch watching cricket and chatting.

Finally, on Sunday evening, Dave and I had some time to ourselves and got take-out and started watching Game of Thrones. Been meaning to start watching for ages, so now we have a whole season to keep us busy this winter. Cuddles on the couch with my favorite person - perfect end to the weekend.

Have a wonderful week Pretties. I have such wonderful things to share with you this week :)

xx


FOLLOW ME ON:


SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Pretty greast post. I just stumbled upon your weblog and wished to say that I havve truly lovved browsing your blog posts.
    In any case I'll be subscribing for your rss feed andd I hope you write again vwry soon!

    Have a look at my webpage :: cellulite treatment sephora

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there,

    Where did you buy 1 kg of speckled eggs?

    ReplyDelete

Love it? Need more info or have a question? Chat to me in the comments section. xx Leigh

© Pretty Mint | All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig