Monday 3 June 2013

The weekend in Instagram




This weekend I was a "Golf Tour widow" and had the whole weekend to hog the remote, eat everything in the house, and catch up with great friends and family and to do it solo. Sometimes its good for the soul to have the house to yourself, cook for one and to venture out alone.

Friday was spent with some of my favorite girls at Hudsons in Claremont. That place pumps on a Friday - I had no idea. It makes the other two branches look positively tame. It was great having a margarita or two, and a sneaky caramel vodka in between shoveling burgers and onion rings into our faces.
Before I went out however, I spent the late afternoon in my pj's and watched Steel Magnolias. NEVER EVER DO THIS LADIES! Honestly, no amount of make-up could hide the "ugly cry" face that I was rocking at dinner. What a moron.

Saturday was spent with my girl Hsuan, one of very few people I know who can spend like I do. We'd been planning a market trawl date for ages, and as luck would have it, the day we decided to go to the V&A Market together, they host an Accessories Fair! We got there early and snapped up all the good stuff before heading downstairs for bacon waffles and Bubble Tea.
I came home with a gorgeous selection of arm candy from Joya, Long Jean Silver and the sweetest bird earrings from Net 'n Kameel (weird name, but cute stuff)
I then raced through to the north to help my mom with some preparations for my dad's 60th and then spent the evening with friends for a curry evening. Good curry, great company and red wine. Absolute heaven. Then 'ol Wes whipped up these Kahlua Orea Dom Pedros and my life was made!
I stayed over at the folks and got to cuddle my fluffy monster ,Vida, all night. Bliss.

Sunday was my darling dad's horse-racing themed 60th birthday lunch. We had the Somerset Room booked at Kenilworth, the cake, the booze and decor was sorted - but Cape Town wasn't playing along and the races were cancelled as the track was soaked. So we got hold of the legends at Dales Black Angus (dad's favorite steakhouse) and they set up a gorgeous table in their function room for us. They really saved the day and their service was outstanding. It ended up being the perfect way to spend such a rainy day, with plenty of wine flowing, a big fat steak lunch, a giant horse-racing themed chocolate cake - and the most wonderful group of family and family friends. Happiness is....


FOLLOW ME ON:


SHARE:

1 comment

  1. Sounds like an awesome weekend. Everyone needs to sport and "ugly cry face" from time to time! ( and i bet you wore it well.) Fun read!
    xx, Elle @
    http://mydailycostume.com/

    ReplyDelete

Love it? Need more info or have a question? Chat to me in the comments section. xx Leigh

© Pretty Mint | All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig