Thursday 19 December 2013

Beauty News - The BT-Cocktail


I went to a ladies brunch about 3 weeks ago and met the amazing team behind Bio-Therapeutic, a new skincare brand you'll be seeing everywhere very soon. We were shown the ropes and then I bravely and selflessly offered myself up to be a guinea pig and have a facial. I know, I'm a total hero. A free facial, someone's gotta do it.
The technology used was mind blowing. Gadgets, gizmos and LED technology turned back the clock right before my eyes and there was a 21 year old staring back at me when I checked myself out in the mirror after the facial. That facial is a whole post on its own, and I will be telling you more about it in the new year. What I will say is that I will be going for one monthly and mark my words, without needing Botox and fillers, I will stop aging at 30 using this technology alone!

What I want to tell you about today is the at-home skincare range, the BT-Cocktail. I was given a set to try out and it has become part of my night-time routine, combined with my regular face wash and night cream. I love that it isn't pushed on you as a replacement to your current routine. Nothing irks me more than when your facial therapist starts pushing products and trashing other products to make a sale. This is simply a complement to any existing routine you already have.

The science bit. Basically the BT-Cocktail is harnessing the most forard-thinking ingredients avilable to increase moisture retention and collagen production. Its also got some super effective anti oxidant called Ergothioneine which is key in the transport of fatty acids and ATP synthesis. ATP is, in a nutshell, the latest buzzword in skincare and anti-aging. ATP is referred to as the current of life or molecular currency and is literally the transfer of energy that makes life possible in every living organism. So the more we can kick this current up a gear, the prettier we look. Got it? Good!



After I wash and tone my face at night, I slap on Step 1, Energy. This lightens, brightens and stuffs my face with anti-oxidants. After letting that soak in I use Step 2, the Serum, which helps the night cream absorb, but also protects my skins natural supply of Vitamin E. I am 30 people, don't be messing with my Vitamin E supplies. Then I use my regular night cream, and follow up with Step 3, Cream which has all the good stuff that boosts collagen and evens skin tone.

So far, I have seen a dramatic improvement in skin tone, fading in pigmentation and my skin feels soft and moisturised. I suffer from dry skin and by 3pm my face usually looks tired - and since using this new 3-step system, I am looking fresh all day, my makeup lasts longer and stays on my skin better. I am convinced this is due to having a plumper, more moisturised canvas to stay on to.

At a recommended retail price of R1596 for the set, it isn't a cheap round. But if you're adding up what your current night time routine is costing you - I think you'll find you won't be far off. I personally feel that it is worth the investment. For even better results, they suggest using the system as a bootcamp for 30-45 days, twice daily. So you could see it as a quarterly investment in your skin. Whatever you feel works for you. 


To find out more, and where you can get a facial and buy the products, call 021-437 1745
or check out their website on www.bio-therapeutic.co.za





FOLLOW ME ON:



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Love it? Need more info or have a question? Chat to me in the comments section. xx Leigh

© Pretty Mint | All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig