Monday 2 December 2013

The weekend in Instagram


I love weekends that are just back-to-back festivities and involve quality time with friends and family. We kicked it off on Friday at San Julian to celebrate the mom-in-law's birthday - the place has definitely gone down since our last visit. However, the company made up for it and we had plenty of margaritas, and even more laughs. We decided to finish off the night at Planet Bar at the Mount Nelson with coffee and dessert.

Saturday was spent in the kitchen! We decided to start a new tradition and have Thanksgiving. Sourcing all the ingredients for a traditional feast wasn't easy, but once we had everything, I hopped in the car and drove straight to mom's house for help - and a far bigger and fancier oven! I would not have coped without all of her hints and tips and together we pulled off the full Thanksgiving feast - turkey, pumpkin pie, creamy mashed potatoes, a heavenly stuffing and veggie sides. I raced home with an hour to spare to set up the table and get ready before our friends arrived. It was totally worth all the preparation because it was one of those evenings where you blink and its after midnight. Great conversation and amazing friends  - and we all took a turn to say what we're thankful for and it was truly heartwarming. I love our new tradition!

On Sunday I met my favorite panda for another new tradition we're trying out - dessert for breakfast. She shares my insatiable sweet tooth and we love discovering new fat-kid hangouts. This time we tried out The Creamery Cafe in Newlands and shared a waffle with salted caramel sauce and a s'mores sundae and both are as amazing as they sound - I highly recommend it for a real treat.
The rest of the day was spent at the beach and finishing off leftovers - another reason all the cooking the day before was totally worth it!

It was a particularly difficult weekend for me emotionally - so I was so grateful for the distraction of a busy weekend, but even more for being surrounded by those who have loved and supported me unconditionally over the past year. This blog post is dedicated to you guys. Thanks for the weekly, sometimes daily check-ins, the constant encouragement and interest in the blog and the endless reassurance that I am on the right path. You are what I am truly thankful for.

xx
Leigh




FOLLOW ME ON:
SHARE:

1 comment

Love it? Need more info or have a question? Chat to me in the comments section. xx Leigh

© Pretty Mint | All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig