Tuesday 17 December 2013

The weekend in Instagram


My 30th birthday weekend has been, by far, the best weekend of 2013. It started at 5am with a hike up Lion's Head - which has become a birthday tradition of sorts. Dave and I had a breakfast picnic and took in the views. I was spoilt beyond my wildest dreams by my amazing husband, as well as by my wonderful family and friends. I now own a pair of Loubies thanks to Dave, so I can check that off the bucket list at last! Red soles do one happy girl make!

We had a cocktail party to celebrate on Friday with our closest friends, and I had such a great time. I started out as a classy cocktail party hostess, but I ended the evening a little less so - as in running around in the parking lot attempting to hoola-hoop through the blow-up "0" from my "30" balloon. Hey, I had fun. A massive thank you goes out to the amazing staff at The Office where we hosted our little bash. We also had the memories captured by the lovely Thandi from MmmBetty Photography. I'll post those as soon as I can! My dress was from Good Clothing and of course, I wore my Louboutins (Mine are the Pigalles in Rouge Noir if anybody is interested).

Saturday was spent nursing a chronic hangover. I was in total denial about turning 30 until Saturday. Then I truly felt my age - and suffered a headache and general cloudiness for most of the day. Not even a Wimpy breakfast helped all that much. The rest of the day was spent hugging a pillow on the couch. Was it worth it? Yes it was!

Sunday saw me feeling cheerful again and we explored the pipe trail along Table Mountain with my brother and sister-in-law, followed by a scrumptious pancake brunch. That evening we decided we were desperate for pizza and were hoping to check out the new spot on Kloof Street, NY Slice Pizza, but its closed on Sundays! So we went to try another place thats been on our pizza hit list for a while, Woodlands Eatery. The service was slow, but the pizza was as good as the hype. I only wished we had space in our very full bellies to try the legendary chocolate fondant. Next time...

We used our extra day of weekend to hit the gym - atonement for the previous 3 days of bingeing. Not that it helped the cause much, as we spent the afternoon at Spice Route in Paarl and did a beer tasting, a chocolate tasting, snacked on biltong and eventually sat down for some more pizza and flammkuchen (for the second time this weekend, the food was good - but prepare for some of the slowest and disinterested service if you ever go to La Grapperia). After that, we went next door to Fairvew for some cheese tasting and stocking up for the holidays.

I turned 30 with such a happy heart, and the contentment of knowing that everything is as it should be. I have made my peace with the past, forgiven those who need forgiveness and am satisfied that I have moved onwards and upwards. All while being surrounded by the love of friends and family who encourage and inspire me everyday. I have a good feeling about my thirties, I think they'll be the glory years!

xx
Leigh





FOLLOW ME ON:
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Love it? Need more info or have a question? Chat to me in the comments section. xx Leigh

© Pretty Mint | All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig