Thursday 23 January 2014

Splurge vs Steal





The "Splurge vs Steal" kind of post is one of my favorites from the many international fashion blogs that I read on the daily. I love a bargain as much as I love an investment piece and I noticed that we don't have many fashion bloggers doing these kind of comparisons here in SA. Perhaps because we don't have as many of the higher end brands to draw a comparison to. That being said, the world is a small place thanks to the internet and I know so many people who shop overseas brands online. This, coupled with the fact that we are a season behind, we generally always take our fashion inspiration from foreign shores and foreign brands anyway.

I saw these leopard print sneakers on my favorite San Francisco based blogger, Julia Hengel of Gal Meets Glam and immediately clicked through to see where they're from. For $100 (around R1000), these Sam Edelman numbers are not badly priced - especially by American standards. However, once you add shipping costs, customs and duties, us hard done by South Africans would be forking out closer to R2000.
Lucky for you, I found a pair at Mr Price for a fraction, of a fraction, and then knock off another fraction of the price. The Mr P version is a measly R79,99. Yes, its not quite the same faux fur fanciness that the Sam Edelman pair possess - but for a pair of trendy sneakers that you'll use for barely a season, why bother? Chic, comfy and cheap but not nasty. Pair these with a pair of ripped boyfriend jeans or black skinny jeans and a white tank and you're done.






FOLLOW ME ON:




SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Ooh, I love these posts too, so happy you're doing them. I actually prefer the smaller print on the Mr Price pair.

    ReplyDelete

Love it? Need more info or have a question? Chat to me in the comments section. xx Leigh

© Pretty Mint | All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig