Monday 4 August 2014

Life via iPhone

I've been pretty quiet on Instagram lately, and on social media in general. Sometimes its nice to step back and just be in the present, without needing to document it or share it with anyone other than who you're with.
Its been one of those weeks. A week about the people I love - catching up with friends, celebrating babies born, sending love and prayers to those having a rough time and mourning life lost. The older I get, the more I realise how little matters more than your loved ones. People, health and travel are my priorities, more than stuff, and the superficial bits I get caught up with. Life is short. So damn short.

On a lighter note, I've been working damn hard at getting fit again. I missed feeling healthy. We leave for Thailand next week so the pressure is on. My surgery meant 6 weeks away from the gym, so it has been tough getting back into the swing of things. I've entered a 10km and 21km run to keep me motivated to train and get out on the road for a trot.

But... seeing as life really is all about balance, I may or may not have rewarded myself with my favourite biscuits in the world. In case you don't know how to properly eat TimTams, allow me to explain:

Step 1: make a cup of tea (not coffee, only tea).
Step 2: Take a Tim Tam and bit off a corner on one end.
Step 3: Bite a corner off the other end, but on the opposite side.
Step 4: Suck some tea diagonally through your biscuit for a few seconds.
Step 5: Shovel this melt-in-your-mouth gooey mess into your face.
Step 6: Repeat until the packet is empty and all your feelings have been eaten.

Let me know what you think. (please note that if you don't love these, we can't be friends. Ever.)


On a different note, I've been to some fabulous launches lately. Sadly some I can't tell you much about yet, but one I can brag about is the Shwarzkopf Bonacure re-launch event at StyleBar. It was sinfully decadent with all of the sweets and treats lurking everywhere, and a good amount of bubbly too. We learnt all about the ranges' fabulous new packaging and all of the amazing new properties to make them even better for your hair. I've been a Bonacure girl for about 4 years now, because no other brand takes care of my butchered-by-peroxide hair better. The leave in conditioners are your future BFF, trust me on this one.


I was given a luxurious treatment and blow-out while my own personal hair guru, Claudia, gave me some solid advice on the products I should be using. Then to top off an afternoon of luxury, I was gifted all the products that she recommended! I'll share these very soon. But for now I can confirm that my hair is so incredibly soft and shiny, and considering I've just had highlights, there is not a dry, unhappy hair on my head.

Thanks for being such generous hosts StyleBar. Your salon is impossibly chic and your team of stylists are incredible. You'll be seeing me again very soon!
They have branches just about everywhere so if you're looking for a new home for your locks, check them out.



FOLLOW ME ON:


SHARE:

1 comment

  1. That is so true! I'm only 26 but starting to realize this more and more. I may be super busy but am trying harder to make time for family and friends. I'm not sure I've ever had TimTams before but now you have sold me on them. Damn you, so much for healthy eating!

    www.fashiontrash.co.za

    ReplyDelete

Love it? Need more info or have a question? Chat to me in the comments section. xx Leigh

© Pretty Mint | All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig