Wednesday 20 August 2014

Ugly sandals are hot

Yep, you read that right. Ugly sandals are back. Birckenstocks, Jesus sandals, hikers haute couture - whatever you call them, they're hot for Spring/Summer.

So here are a few options from our retailers to get your collection going.




1) Harriet sandal, R549 at Country Road
2) White patent slider, R79,99 at Mr P
3) Nude patent slider, R69,99 at Mr P
4) White slider, R439 at Topshop
5) Hot Pink slider, R79,99 from Mr P
6) Leopard print slide, R299 at Cotton On
7) Charlene slide, R899 at Witchery



FOLLOW ME ON:
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. I absolutely love number 2. They were the first original Birkenstocks to come out many years ago. I'm happy to see them come back!

    As for the rest, would rather walk barefoot ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sadly Mr P's website is not showing availability of number 2 :-( (Hoping it still has to be loaded rather than its already sold out!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still can't believe these are "fashionable" now. I saw everyone in Europe wearing them and I just can't get my head, erm, feet around them.
    I've noticed Espadrilles are coming back in a big way - I can get on board with those... but erm, these sandals that look like corrective orthopaedic shoes, I'll be giving a skip.
    Actually... Best I hold my tongue here. Last time I vowed I would never buckle into a trend (excuse the pun), I eventually caved and did, so hell... I may be in a pair of Birkenstocks before Summer ends.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had a pair of Birkies way back when I was a teenager and I remember LOVING them - I used to live in them! Definitely going to hop onboard this trend again this summer - thought I think I'll reserve them for at home and MAYBE a relaxed weekend braai or something. I do love those metallic Country Road babies, though…

    ReplyDelete

Love it? Need more info or have a question? Chat to me in the comments section. xx Leigh

© Pretty Mint | All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig