Monday 13 May 2013

The weekend in Instagram



After a manic week with birthday dinners, Bon Jovi and much tequila, it was a relief to have a relaxed weekend where we kept our plans to during the day so that we could enjoy a lazy Saturday night in, eating pasta and drinking hot chocolate - which we earned by going for an early morning run along the promenade with some friends. Cape Town in May is perfect for starting the day like that.

The majority of this weekend was happily spent with both our families, splitting Mother's Day over two days. We had my in-laws over for rugby and brunch followed by a stroll through the waterfront and the V&A Food Market where I got to introduce my mom-in-law (who I lovingly call Ninja Mom) to my favorite drink, Bubble Tea.
I also loved showing her around Lush - I think I may have another member to add to the cult of the Lush Buffy Bar!

Sunday morning was spent with my parents at the Blaauklippen Family Market where, amongst so many other treasures, I found the cutest winter hat. I definitely think it will be my winter staple.
We also got to hang out with some Alpacas - no idea why they're there actually. They're a rather random addition to a market. I think I may have missed the stall they were attached to somehow.
As far as markets go, this one is great. Plenty of amazing food, tons of options as far as wine, craft beer and home made lemonades and juices are concerned. It also offered loads of spots to sit and enjoy the atmosphere with trestle tables under the trees. They had live music going as well and it ended up making for a gorgeous morning out. I was particularly happy to find a childhood favorite - mini donuts, or Orbits as they used to be called. For R25 we got 12 freshly made and still warm donuts drenched in a mix of chocolate and caramel. Complete bliss!

I loved hanging out with my fabulous mom, and it always delights me at how we almost always choose the same things to eat and drink at markets. It little things like this that make me feel proud and happy when I realise how much we are alike.

I love looking back on weekends like this because it makes my heart happy having spent quality time with family, and spoiling my two amazing moms. I am a very blessed girl, surrounded by strength, grace and love.


FOLLOW ME ON:



SHARE:

1 comment

  1. I FREAKING LOVE ALPACAS!

    Also, Happy belated Mothers Day to Pam - one of the best second moms to have been in my life growing up.

    ReplyDelete

Love it? Need more info or have a question? Chat to me in the comments section. xx Leigh

© Pretty Mint | All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig