Monday 27 May 2013

The weekend in Instagram





As far as weekends go - this one was near perfect. It kicked off with a girly dinner at Simply Asia, which then ended with Wakaberry. What's not to love about a night of great company, thai food and the best frozen yogurt in town?
I also tried a slicked back hairstyle - hence the shameless selfie included in this weeks pics. I think it turned out okay.

Saturday was spent with the bestie on a marathon shopping spree. I am trying to be a grown-up and have made a list of "investment items" that should carry me through this winter in style and I am trying very hard to stick to the list and not impulse buy. I have to say, I did very well. I am evolving as a person. I didn't come home with the black stilettos I tweeted about, and instead bought, or rather, invested (I can see my husband rolling his eyes right now)  in a leather jacket, a parka and a denim shirt, plus a few sundries like pretty tights etc. Come now - those are all winter staples that should be hanging in every girls closet for this winter, and many winters to come. See, investment! Like the ultimate shopaholic Carrie Bradshaw once said, "I like my money where I can see it - hanging in my closet".
I also spotted a pair of black leather boots that I might need as well, and may just have to go back for. Its between those and the stilettos - which I really don't need, but they're really pretty!

Shopping was followed by some takeaway sushi from our new favorite sushi spot, Nuri Sushi Factory, and cuddling under a blanket on the couch watching movies - only getting up to take a walk to Woolies to get some marshmallows for our hot chocolate. It was the perfect weather for vegging out and digging into that 1kg of Nomu drinking chocolate I bought a while back.

Sunday was a busy morning of running a few errands, followed by a super fun date night at the Twelve Apostles for their 'Dinner and a Movie' special. I'll post a full review tomorrow, but I will say for now that it was fantastic! We had a great meal, followed with a milkshake, popcorn, a well stocked candy bar and a screening of My Best Friends Girl in a 15-seater cinema. It was supposed to be There's Something About Mary but the disc was missing or something. It really didn't bother us, as we preferred the substitute anyway.

Now I have to show you the stilettos and the boots. I just cant decide. I need your opinion!
Its winter, I should get the boots right? But look at those stilettos! I think I need to get a poll going in the comments section.





FOLLOW ME ON:


SHARE:

3 comments

  1. MY advice? Follow Carrie Bradshaw.. So what that she is a fictional character with a fictional wallet. !
    Strike that..Go for the boots!
    Great post, i like your hair!

    XX, Elle @
    http://mydailycostume.com/

    ReplyDelete

Love it? Need more info or have a question? Chat to me in the comments section. xx Leigh

© Pretty Mint | All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig