Sunday 19 May 2013

The weekend in Instagram



The weekend started off on a fabulous note when I received some lovely jewellery from Antique Fusion Jewellery. I am obssessed with dainty and quirky pieces of jewellery and my goal is to stop buying costume jewellery for the most part, and to start investing in beautifully crafted pieces, from brass to rose gold, and from diamonds to amethyst and everything
in-between.

We also are finally getting the finishing details done in our home and I am loving how our bedroom has come together. Between the colour, the decor and, of course, the view and the sound of the waves crashing outside - it has become  my favorite place in our home.
Another highlight is we finalised our USA plans and booked hotels, car hire etc. I celebrated by buying a travel journal from Typo on my way home from work.

Friday saw us indulging in our new favorite Mexican spot, San Julian, in De Waterkant. They do THE best margaritas and I really like the authentic food - no greasy tex-mex a la Panchos, just really fresh, really good food. Their decor is amazing as well and you feel totally transported.

Saturday was laid back ending in an evening filled with red wine and homemade lamb curry and great company. Much plotting for the up-coming Bastille Festival to be done. I am so happy to have a much needed girls weekend to look forward to.

Sunday was spent at the Waterfront, but this time instead of going to the V&A Food Market again, we tried out the Clock Tower area exploring the Moyo food market and having brunch in the gorgeous May sunshine at Tribakery.
I couldn't escape without a visit to Lush to pick up some more goodies to try out. I have heard amazing things about the American Dream conditioner and also snapped up a face scrub, some shampoo and my all-time favorite, and constant bath time staple - the Buffy Bar.

Now its time to enjoy the sunset, with some homemade lasagna - using my mom's recipe that my brother and I have grown up loving. (Finally starting to get it right and hopefully I will have it perfected by the time I have kids)
Feet up, Sunday night movie on and a glass of red. Bliss.


Have a lovely week pretties!
xx



FOLLOW ME ON:



SHARE:

2 comments

  1. SERIOUSLY!! I ADORE your blog!!

    ReplyDelete

Love it? Need more info or have a question? Chat to me in the comments section. xx Leigh

© Pretty Mint | All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig