Friday 13 September 2013

Spree.co.za Spring/Summer Collection plus a reader discount!


This week, for the first time in my life, I was in front of the camera. I was thrilling and terrifying at the same time. Spree.co.za hosted a few bloggers at The White Room this week for a preview of their Spring/Summer collection, and to take it to the next level, we were put in the hair and makeup chairs, and styled by Spree's Fashion Director, the charismatic Chris Viljoen. I will tell you all about it once I get the pictures, but for now, let me tell you a bit more about Spree, and then show you some of my favorites from the collection!

Asymmetrical dress - Tiaan Nagel


Spree.co.za is South Africa's first online shop to offer a "shoppable magazine" experience. Every item in spree's collection is handpicked by their in-house fashion team (who are a seriously badass team of stylists by the way), along with leading magazine editors selecting, styling and showcasing their favourite picks in their magazines and on the spree website. 

They launched in April 2013 (Where have you been people? Get on this!), and spree inspires online shoppers to shop, shop and shop some more through the use of gorgeous magazine-editorial-style lookboards and fashion stories. The site also acts as a personal stylist, giving expert shopping advice through the "why buy" and "wear with" information available for each item - a brilliant idea, yet the credit card may hate you a little. All of this is backed up by an easy to use, secure online shopping experience, quick delivery, and an unmatched 30-day free returns policy. 
Colour-block top with triangles - Somerset Jane

We also learnt at the launch that they are hugely supportive of local design - which, given that I'm in the rag trade myself, makes my heart very happy. Designers like Cheryl Arthur, Somerset Jane, Tiaan Nagel and Amanda Laird Cherry are a few on their list of local labels.

Ombre pleated maxi - Cheryl Arthur
The best bit? Spree is giving away 15% off discount vouchers for 20 Pretty Mint readers! If that doesn't inspire you to whip out the plastic and upgrade your wardrobe for summer then I fear you're all a bunch of grey drone-types. But I know my readers aren't, you've got your card ready and you're drooling a little. All you have to do for your discount is tweet me (@PrettyMintBlog) saying "#spreeyourself now gimme my discount!" and I'll reply with your discount code. If you're not on Twitter, then email me with the same quote in the subject line at prettymintblog@gmail.com
SO  all the gorgeous items you see on this post are my picks from the collection. Aaand go! Race you for the Cheryl Arthur pleated skirt! (kidding, I bought it already suckaaaas)
Aztec print pants - Amanda Laird Cherry
Pleated maxi - Cheryl Arthur


Tunic with cloud print - Cheryl Arthur


Twitter: @spreecoza



FOLLOW ME ON:
SHARE:

1 comment

Love it? Need more info or have a question? Chat to me in the comments section. xx Leigh

© Pretty Mint | All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig