Monday 16 September 2013

The weekend in Instagram



This weekend was all about coffee. We spent the morning watching the rugby with friends at the V&A Food Market and cozied up with a very delish hazelnut latte from Origin. The rugby didn't go too well so we remedied the pain with a bit of a marathon shopping spree and ticked off wedding and engagement presents that needed to be bought, but best of all, we spoilt ourselves with our very own Nespresso cappuccino machine! This is my new baby, second in line for my affections only to my beloved Mini. If Mini could install a Nespresso machine into the dashboard somewhere, my life would be made and I would forego all human relationships and worldly possessions in favour of living in my car and being perpetually buzzed on coffee.

I got an email from Spree on Friday with some of the shots from the blogger evening and photo shoot and I am so delighted with how they turned out. I am really looking forward to the next time I get to dress up and pout for the camera! I also realised at that shoot that I didn't own any plain black stilletos. I don't know how I got to 3 months short of 30 without such a necessary wardrobe basic. So this was also taken care of this weekend.

We also tried out Andy's sushi on Main Road, Sea Point. I'd heard a lot of hype about it given the man is an ex-Willoughby's employee. Well, having never been to Willoughby's because I just refuse to queue at restaurants, I can't compare. But I wasn't overly impressed. There were a few innovative concoctions which were great, but the quality is better at places like Nuri Sushi and SushiBox. Its also not a greta sit-down establishment as its in a dodgy strip on Main Road, and without any decor and ambience. So if you're going, grab a take-away.

Sunday was spent with family at Harbour House. The food wasn't bad, but we'd read up about their Winter menu and were quite annoyed to find out that they'd ended it a month earlier than advertised in the newspaper. So it was a bit of a let down. In future, I'll phone ahead to double check what they actually are offering. Or go to La Mouette, for a reliable tasting menu that delivers on what it promised. Can you tell I am rather miffed at Harbour House?
Still it worked out well, as it was lovely quality time, and we decided to forego dessert at the restaurant and rather had everyone over for cake and coffee at our place afterwards to show off the new toy!



FOLLOW ME ON:



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Love it? Need more info or have a question? Chat to me in the comments section. xx Leigh

© Pretty Mint | All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig