Monday 30 September 2013

The weekend in Instagram




This weekend was spent in Polokwane at the Protea Ranch Resort for our friends' wedding. It was 3 days of total bliss and being able to unwind with plenty of day-drinking at the poolside, and getting to hang out with our closest friends far away from city life. The bride and groom spoilt us with a game drive, followed by what I can only describe as my own personal heaven - getting to play with and cuddle lion cubs! We went into an enclosure where there were about ten of the little angels bouncing about and I just ran in and sat down and let them jump all over me. You know how when a cat gets those retractable claws out and it buggers up your delicate clothing? Well lion cub retractable claws destroys delicate Forever New tops (genius choice in outfit on my part). Not that I could even begin to care, lion cubs can eat my entire wardrobe in exchange for a nuzzle. This, only a close second after swimming with Monty the dolphin in San Diego, was the best experience of my life.

The wedding itself was the perfect combination of one of the most gorgeous weddings I've ever been to, as well as the most raucous. We were blessed with ideal weather and in the most unique setting with the couple saying their "I do's" on a deck overlooking the reserve. Lions fed during cocktail hour and the reception was decked out in fairy lights, but not too many so not as to take away from the gorgeous sunset and how the reserve was lit up at night. It was a truly "African" experience and its not often us Capetonians get to soak up that kind of thing.
All of this splendor was followed by a jol that lasted until 3am, where shoes were kicked off, guys lost the sleeves of their shirts and the girls were sporting ties around their heads - it was THAT kind of party.

Now, with being on the downhill approach to 30, I shall spend the week ahead recovering from the hangover.



FOLLOW ME ON:
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Love it? Need more info or have a question? Chat to me in the comments section. xx Leigh

© Pretty Mint | All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig