Monday 14 April 2014

Life via iPhone

I haven't done a weekend in Instagram post for while - mainly because I've been too busy to take as many snaps as I normally would, and also because I wasn't too sure how about whether they were really what my readers wanted to see. I was completely surprised and really touched by the fact that so many have said they miss these type of posts. So I am trying a different format and won't be doing one every Monday as I was previously, but will rather give you a round-up every two weeks or so.


I've been out and about quite a bit and being a tourist in my own city, well, actually out in the Winelands to be more precise. Fairview has a divine new cheese and wine pairing experience to try, and you can't leave their deli without some artisan breads and delicious cheeses.

I also discovered the best ice cream I have ever had the pleasure of shoveling into my face at Schoon De Companje in Stellenbosch - its called Fanny Chanel and the flavour combinations were so original and tasty. I tried the peaches and cream with almond brittle and it was heavenly.

I spent a night at Brenaissance for a friends wedding and while I have been a longtime fan of their pizza from Cafe Blanc de Noir, I am now also a huge fan of the accommodation. Waking up in the middle of the winelands was total bliss.


Other than touring the winelands and eating my way through that part of the world, I have also been darting between launches, celebrations and trying to fit in some training for the Two Oceans Half Marathon coming up this Saturday. I had every intention of beating my time from last year by a good 20 minutes or more, but with the disastrous lack of training I've put in, I am just happy if I can finish it again! Luckily the next day is Easter and I'll just be sitting in bed watching series and gorging on Easter eggs.


I've been lucky enough to attend some amazing launch parties recently and I never cease to be excited when I see local companies thriving. I have been lucky enough to see Spree grow from strength to strength, adding more wonderful local labels to their stable every month, while online beauty stores like 27Pinkx and RetailBox are making life fabulously easy by taking beauty counter and salon quality make-up and hair products online. If you haven't spent some time perusing these sites, you really should!

Thats all from me for now kids. Have a fab week. Don't sweat the petty stuff, and never pet the sweaty stuff.
xx
Leigh






FOLLOW ME ON:
SHARE:

1 comment

Love it? Need more info or have a question? Chat to me in the comments section. xx Leigh

© Pretty Mint | All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig