Wednesday 8 April 2015

Eye Style

It was that time of year for the good 'ol annual eye test. I use Mellins in Canal Walk thanks to discovering them last year. They're conveniently situated right near Mugg & Bean on the bottom floor, so you have no excuse not get sort your peepers out. Let me show you around the place...



You have a myriad of designer frames to choose from - from Calvin Klein, Diesel, Lacoste and Silhouette to name a few. I could spend hours trying them on - they've come a long way since the boring black and brown frames you wore at high school. I went for a very striking blue and turquoise pair - which I'll show you when I pick them up next week.


 Mellins was one of the first to adopt new technology in the field and they use a rather fancy robot-looking machine called the i-Profiler to diagnose. This machine delivers a diagnosis 4 times more accurate than anything else existing in optometry right now, so its the real deal. I simply had to stare at a pretty picture of a hot air balloon for a few minutes and then we were done and diagnosed! (The only room for improvement would be to change the picture to a shirtless Adam Levine)


 After that we moved inside and on to a more traditional device that helps you get the right lenses picked out, and then you're done. In under 20 minutes I went from blind as a bat to seeing in HD. The Ziess i-Scription technology digitally measures 2500 points on the eye and effectively takes a fingerprint - so your diagnosis and lenses are entirely unique to you. They even take it a step further and can engrave your initials on your lenses for that personal touch!
The Zeiss lenses are made to order in Germany and while that might sound like you'll only get them next year, they actually get them done in under two weeks.


 There was an extra incentive to get my eyes tested this year, and that was the opportunity to get involved in their new campaign, which, should I win, my chosen charity will win R100 000. All the details on the competition are over HERE. I'll do just about anything to help animals in need. Even post pictures of me with alien goggles on that will haunt your nightmares....see below.


Three voting Fan’s also stand a chance of winning fantastic prizes which include: A pair of prescription frames with Zeiss i.Scription lenses up to the value of R10, 000 OR a pair of luxury sunglasses to the value of R5 000 should they not need prescription lenses. 

Get your eyes tested. Go and vote. Do it for the puppies.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Love it? Need more info or have a question? Chat to me in the comments section. xx Leigh

© Pretty Mint | All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig