Tuesday 7 April 2015

Splurge vs Steal

Today we're earning some serious street style cred and talking about wedged work boots. Every celeb has been spotted in a variation of Timberland boots every single winter, from Jessica Alba, to J.Lo and even the Kardashians (not a fan, but they know their street style).



I love Timberland boots. I love the colour, the chunky heel, the leather ankle detail and the signature laces. But I am also really, really short. Therefore chunky boots like these or Doc Martens don't work for me, and they cut my legs short and make me look bulky. The stiletto and wedge versions of this cult classic are my only options. While I adore the stiletto version, its not really practical for my lifestyle and all the running around I do. So I'm sticking with comfort here.

Getting hold of a pair of Timberland wedges will set you back about R2000. Instead, snap up a pair from local brand, Bronx, for R629 in the original colour, or a gorgeous light grey. Instant style points at a fraction of the cost. Paired with skinny jeans, a comfy knit and a fur gilet = cosy, comfy winter style. Or black leggings, white t-shirt and chambray shirt for a casual day out. I've even added some outfit inspiration below.

Images: Source, Source, Source

SHARE:

1 comment

Love it? Need more info or have a question? Chat to me in the comments section. xx Leigh

© Pretty Mint | All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig