Tuesday 11 March 2014

The Weekend in Instagram


It has been a busy week with lots of exciting developments. We kicked the week off with the gorgeous launch of the Poetry and Old Khaki winter collections at Woodlands Eatery. You are going to love the range - plenty of quilting, jacquard and cable-knit details, perfect chambray and denim colours, and the best basic coats and jackets that will see you through this winter, and may more to come.

The fun with fashion didn't stop there as only 2 nights later I went to the media launch of the PUMA Select store on Bree street. It is the first of it's kind IN THE WORLD! We beat out other hipster hubs across the globe and got our very own exclusive boutique store showcasing all the best PUMA collaborations with some of the worlds top designers. The big feature for me was the Alexander Mcqueens. I have been contemplating a pair for ages but never thought I was really going to pull off such edgy sneakers. But the Street Climb kicks they have in at the moment were the answer to my Plain-Jane prayers. Simple, black high-tops, with just enough McQueen flare to keep it interesting.
Go down and check the store out - and they'll be open in the evenings once a month on First Thursdays.

On Friday we had a gathering of the cool kids at Shimmy Beach club and I finally got to meet the lovely Lisa-Marie of the PR team behind Moscon Optics. I also got to meet the rest of the crazy bunch of brand ambassadors, including a comedian, a model and an amazing fashion editor - so to say I was enamored with the company at lunch was an understatement.

On Sunday the boys rode in the Argus cycle race, and I braved the manically busy V&A Waterfront to do a little shopping. The launches this past week have taken my focus off the last of summer and my trip to Thailand later in the year, and have got me thinking about my winter wardrobe. I am missing some key pieces and rather than worry to much about trends this year, I want to spend a bit more on a bit less, but keep it classic. So I started with a perfect pair of beige ankle booties from Country Road that I can pair with just about anything. My next item on the hit-list is a Burberry style trench coat. When I find the right one, I'll let you girls know.

Have a wonderful week!

xx
Leigh




FOLLOW ME ON:
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Love it? Need more info or have a question? Chat to me in the comments section. xx Leigh

© Pretty Mint | All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig