Wednesday 2 September 2015

Budget BB Creams

There are so many BB creams out there at the moment it is ridiculous. Even the luxury brands have  a couple to choose from and it is all a bit daunting.
For me, a BB cream is for days when you're in a hurry. They are glorified tinted moisturisers and spending a fortune on them is daft. By all means splurge on a good foundation, but for something you're slapping on when you have 5 minutes to get out the door, no man.
I've got 5 that I keep in rotation between my travel bag, makeup drawer, desk drawer and handbag. Yes, I realise that is a lot of el cheapo BB creams to own, but they're there for emergencies and on-the-go life. None of them are new to market - these are my tried and tested favourites from the past two years.

Here is my little dream team and why I love 'em.



Bodyshop All-In-One BB Cream - R199 at  The Body Shop: I love the dewy look this product gives me. It doesn't have any built in sun protection so you'll need to put on sunscreen first (I do that anyway - anything under UPF50 is not helping the cause in my opinion). It matches up to my skin tone perfectly. My only gripe is it is a small tube and it is the most expensive on this list.

Bourjois 123 Perfect CC Cream -R169,95 at Clicks: Technically not a BB cream, but I call bullshit on the CC, DD etc movement. They're all bloody BB creams/tinted moisturisers. Moving on....this has consistently been the one that gets the most compliments. I get the perfect natural semi-matt look, yet my skin looks so healthy. It manages to last all day and I took it along to Thailand last year and it survived pretty well in the heat. So yet again, it'll be a summer staple for me.

Sorbet BB Cream - R100 at Sorbet salons and Clicks: This has been one of my favourites since it launched a few years ago. It gives a flawless finish and really good medium coverage. I'll never not have this in my kit. I often use this instead of foundation, even when I have the time to apply foundation.

LA Girl Pro BB cream - R59,95 at Dischem: I discovered this gem after seeing a couple of our local beauty bloggers raving about it. For something so affordable, you'll be amazed at the coverage and how long it lasts. It routinely sells out so if you see it in your shade, I'd pop two or three into your basket. It is a handbag staple!

Maybelline Pure Dream BB cream - R92,95 at Dischem: Nice and sheer - I use a shade darker, especially going into summer. It has a tiny bit of salicylic acid to helps with blemishes. I use this when I am struggling with a breakout and want something light.

SHARE:

1 comment

  1. Thanks for this Leigh ! At least i know about more affordable options now... i currently use the Sorbet BB cream i love the coverage it gives. But my skin is normally oily so it does add to this but still a good product for the price...

    ReplyDelete

Love it? Need more info or have a question? Chat to me in the comments section. xx Leigh

© Pretty Mint | All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig