Wednesday 24 July 2013

Beauty heroes every girl should travel with

In less than 2 weeks I'll be off on my big, fat, American holiday. I've done this trip a few times now and I am getting quite good at traveling with minimal fuss and maximum organization. The biggest drawback when traveling to the USA is the long haul flight. Its about 22 hours from here to New York, and then we still have to catch a flight to the other side of the country. The New York to San Francisco flight is about 6 hours. So we'll be stuck in a plane for over a day. Your skin and body hates you for this and will turn on you and make sure you disembark looking haggard and hideous - so you need to be prepared. Below are my carry-on heroes that help ensure I arrive at my destination looking fresh!


1) Lush Vanilla Puff for keeping fresh, dry and having a subtle vanilla scent to comfort you for the entire trip. This is also a great alternative to deodorant on the flight.

2) Johnson & Johnson facial wipes. These are simply a must-have item when traveling. For face and body, when you just need to freshen up.

3) Revlon BB Cream. I use this in my daily make-up routine and I'll definitely be popping it into my carry-on travel bag. Its super hydrating, with the added benefit of giving you light coverage and leaving you looking dewy and refreshed.

4) Environ C-Quence eye gel. You're going to be sleeping as much as you can on a long haul flight, but you won't look like you have without a little help. Let this award winning eye gel plump up and revitalize your peeps while you fly.

5) Batiste Dry Shampoo mini. This little guy is perfect for travel. Spritz some in just before landing and brush through and you'll look and feel fresher for it. (available at Clicks)

6) Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream. Do I really need to explain why you need this? Take a mini one along to keep in line with LAG's requirements. Its for eyes, lips, eyebrows, hair styling, and so much more.

7) No-Jet-Lag homeopathic jet-lag prevention. Trying this out after having it recommended by endless well-traveled friends. Hope it works as when we arrive, we're heading straight out to see the sights and go for a beer or 6!

8) The Body Shop Vit C Energising Face Mist. I have been using this one and the Vitamin E one on my travels for years. It not only rehydrates your skin and prevents it from taking a beating from that revolting airplane dry air, but also sets your make-up. Bonus!



FOLLOW ME ON:



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Love it? Need more info or have a question? Chat to me in the comments section. xx Leigh

© Pretty Mint | All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig