Monday 29 July 2013

The weekend in Instagram




It was definitely a weekend for the books. I need another weekend to recover from it. Although I did get some down time at the spa on Sunday.
We had a little date night on Friday at Sevruga, but what we were really excited about trying was the cheesecake at Salero. One of Dave's clients said it was THE best cheesecake in Cape Town and that it easily trumps our beloved New York Bagels baked cheesecake. I wouldn't say better, but definitely as good. I highly recommend you go try it. It is rather deloish! The rest of the night was spent in ridiculous beanies while watching movies and cuddling on the couch. What I don't recommend is wasting your life watching either The Lone Ranger or Paperboy. Both movies were snooze-fests.

On Saturday we headed off to the Root44 Market in Stellenbosch to celebrate the besties birthday. I finally tried that eisbein burger and it is by far the best market food I have ever had. We also tried a ginger beer flavoured beer that we loved. Definitely investing in a case or two of that for the bar.  I also found the cutest onesie in the entire world and wanted to buy one for my future spawn, but the husband thought I was being weird. So I'll just buy it next time when he's not looking. Come on, Mini Pooper, is that not too sweet?
We had our very special friend Tom with us, who is desperate to crack a mention on the blog. So everyone, meet Tom:

Like I said, a very special friend. 
His wife, my number 5, is very proud.
We had a mini-bachelorette on Saturday night for our gorgeous friend Keri who is getting married in Joburg in September. Sadly a few of us Cape Town girls couldn't make the bachelorette up there so we took the opportunity to have a little one while our girl was down here for work.
It got messy. As in "photos-not-safe-for-facebook" messy. Drag queens, champagne and an endless flow of wine and shooters and a dodgy rum and Sparletta infused after-party at my place ended in the early hours of Sunday morning.

The hangover gods were kind for whatever reason and I woke up feeling quite fresh on Sunday so I could take the bestie out for her birthday spoil at Angsana Spa at the Vineyard Hotel without feeling like death. If you haven't been, go for the Glow Package. Its a heavenly scrub followed by a blissful hour long massage. We then had a lovely brunch and went home for a post-massage power nap.
I didn't have too long to unwind because it was up and out of the house again for an early dinner to celebrate the big little brother's birthday. Happy Birthday Toad!!!
You might think you have a cool sibling, but you really don't.
I, however, do. Your sibling team will never be quite as cool at Team Rhodes. Fact.





FOLLOW ME ON:



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Love it? Need more info or have a question? Chat to me in the comments section. xx Leigh

© Pretty Mint | All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig