Monday 1 July 2013

The weekend in Instagram



Even though I've been down with a cold/flu hybrid I've kept quite busy - which is probably why I am only getting worse and not better. Oh well, life waits for no one.

I have done a wardrobe and vanity cleanse of late so I finally made room to try out some new make-up products. I splurged a little and am very happy with my haul - from new make-up brushes, to BB cream and other make-up products I've been dying to test out. I blame All Dolled-Up and Superficial Girls for being enablers of this particular spree.

I also received the best delivery - its for my next Glamour Style Blogger Starter challenge which will be a tech review. Parrot Zik headphones! They are too gorgeous for words and are so full of tricks its unreal.

Saturday was the much-anticipated Hey Gorgeous brunch. They did not disappoint! It was hosted at Dear Me in Longmarket Street and we were greeted with bubbly and goodie bags, followed by a lovely  spread of delish bite size brunch eats. The tester area was set up so that you made your way around the room trying out all of their amazing products (All organic. A vegan. All natural). I picked up the rosewater toner and the ginger and cayenne pepper scrub - which is a foot scrub, but cayenne pepper does wonders for cellulite so this may make its way onto my bum instead.

The evening was spent watching rugby at Cocoa Oola which might be my new favorite spot for watching sports. No smokey pub and creepy old guys. Nice place, nice crowd, big TV's everywhere and amazing burgers - trust me, try the Mr Mayagi chicken burger (no that's not a typo, its a combo on Mayo and Miyagi, clever no? ).

On Sunday we tried out the Root44 Market at Audacia Farm in Stellenbosch. It must go on your list of markets to try! The selection of food alone is worth it. I will be going back for the eisbein burgers which people are raving about and, sadly, were sold out by 12. Another selling point for me is that Bubble Tea have a stand there and if I can have my coconut tea and strawberry bobas, then I am a happy girl!

Now for some flu flighting drugs and bed!

xx




FOLLOW ME ON:


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Love it? Need more info or have a question? Chat to me in the comments section. xx Leigh

© Pretty Mint | All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig