Monday 22 July 2013

The weekend in Instagram



I was in serious need of a relaxed weekend so that is exactly what this weekend was about. Food, family and relaxing.
Friday kicked off nicely with a lovely present in the post. My Balm Balm prize arrived from the fabulous Tanya Kovarsky. (Check out her gorgeous mummy blog here ). I can't wait to start trying these products out. I have only heard rave reviews.
We then went to Saigon for dinner. In all the years that it has been around, I have never been. I might be the only person in Cape Town who has never been. Well, now that I have, I can see why it has been around so long. The dumplings are to die for, and the calamari with a chili cilantro dipping sauce was amazing. I'll be back just for those.

Saturday we had every intention of going for a long run, but slept in and went for brunch with friends instead. Brunch at Manna Epicure was heavenly. The french toast croissant with brie, bacon and maple syrup was the winner. Brunch then turned into coffee and cake and we sampled their wheat-free chocolate cake. You need to try this if you are there. It is so decadent. Wheat-free = Calorie-free in my books. So go on and indulge guilt free.
After so much food the only logical thing to do was have an afternoon nap. Following that blissful quiet time, we felt that we needed to do something about all the indulgence so we went for a nice, long promenade walk and took in the sunset.
This was followed by a lazy night in, watching movies, making Martha Stewarts very yummy "one-pot pasta" dish and devouring the leftover cake. (We may, or may not have bought a few extra slices to take away).

On Sunday I started off the day with a walk along the promenade on my way to yoga class. I am so happy to be getting back into yoga. My body and mind are already reaping the benefits. I love that I have a studio within walking distance. How can you not be at peace when you complete a yoga class, and then get to walk along the seaside on your way home?
A good old fashioned family braai in the afternoon topped the weekend off - complete with a plethora of salads and sides, and finished off with malva pudding. Happy full bellies and yet another afternoon nap.

Life is good.




FOLLOW ME ON:


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Love it? Need more info or have a question? Chat to me in the comments section. xx Leigh

© Pretty Mint | All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig