Monday 26 May 2014

Life via iPhone


I have been a busy beetle of late. Work has been surprisingly manic - not complaining. But it has made blogging difficult because by the time I get home I am ready to crash! That coupled with events and special occassions, a bout of tummy flu - it is definitely time for a spa day!

That being said, I have been thoroughly spoilt. Last week I was invited to spend a night at Tintswalo Atlantic in Hout Bay for their Winter Wedding event. I found myself planning my dream wedding/vow renewal - I have never seen a venue that needs so little added to it to make it into a dream wedding. The natural beauty of the seaside location will take your breath away. The decor is on another level and you literally only need to add fairy lights and some flowers and the rest is perfect as it is. I'll do a full post on the venue later this week. I really cannot wait to share more about it.


We also survived a camping weekend two weeks ago. In fact, I loved it. Camping in winter was a great excuse to bring out the bright red Hunter wellies and stomp around in the dirt. As always, with my group of crazies, things got out of hand and there was fire-side dancing (booze induced of course) and very childish behaviour - we're sorry we had to shave off your goatee Tom. A bet is a bet ;-)

On a random note - Marshmallow Fluff is popping up on our shelves. So far I've discovered it at YuppieChef, Dischem, Spar and Sweets from Heaven. I can eat an entire jar of this stuff in one sitting. It is one of my favourite indulgences, and very much not Tim Noakes approved.


This past weekend was payday - can you tell? I hit up a few of my favourite places, and also finally bought a few cult beauty products from Kiehls. I am trying out their Ultra Facial Toner, their lip blame and the very popular Midnight Recovery Concentrate. I also picked up some cheap and cheerful brushes from Beautique at Edgars, and some knock-off Beauty Blender sponges from Clicks.  I'll let you know how those work out soon. This beauty haul also got me in the mood for organising my make-up properly and I now have a very pretty, and very functional little beauty corner on my dressing table thanks to my lovely 27Pinkx organiser. Seriously, this thing is life changing.

The week ahead sees a much anticipated blogger dinner happening, a weekend away, and a few other life changing appointments I'll share with you in good time.

Have a fab week pretty people!
xx




FOLLOW ME ON:
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Love it? Need more info or have a question? Chat to me in the comments section. xx Leigh

© Pretty Mint | All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig