Tuesday 27 May 2014

Splurge vs Steal


Sometimes you see something in store and think its okay, but not your thing. Then a little while later you'll see that same thing, or something similar on someone else and becomes something you absolutely have to have in your life. This is the case in today's Splurge vs Steal post. I saw these Jenni Kayne flats last year on holiday and thought they were pretty - and pretty bloody pricey too and moved on.
Then my all-time favourite bloggess, Emily Schuman, from Cupcakes and Cashmere picked them up and featured them in numerous style posts and I became obsessed with finding something locally that came close. And I came up empty handed and down trodden. Here are some of her posts featuring some of the chicest flats I have ever seen.

Image: Source

Image: Source
After all these months, I have finally found an alternative. The Thurman pony hair slipper from Stylemology. And they deliver to your door. Bonus, no mall trawl for these babies.
The Jenni Kayne ones are sold out - in case you were actually contemplating dropping six grand on a pair of shoes. So your only option is the Thurman pair from Stylemology. To be honest, I prefer their full slipper as opposed to the JK pointy flats. Probably because they are more casual and that suits my day-to-day work life a little better than the points would.
For R899, they are yours - available now.




FOLLOW ME ON:
SHARE:

3 comments

  1. I love slipper style shoes. I know that feeling so well, seeing something and only later realising how much you like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can we just take a moment for how amazing Cupcakes and Cashmere is.
    Sigh.
    OK... now another moment is needed for these shoes. LOVE!!
    PS. Thank you for the blog love and for adding me to your list xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE these slippers! Think I need a pair… great post!

    ReplyDelete

Love it? Need more info or have a question? Chat to me in the comments section. xx Leigh

© Pretty Mint | All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig