Wednesday 14 May 2014

New in at Clicks

I know we all suffer from the same problem when it comes to Clicks. You have a list when you walk in, but then you meander over to the make-up section, and then the haircare section, and then there are new bath and pamper goodies on the shelves….and then its R1000 later.
"I'm just running into Clicks for some essentials" is that same as that age old lie, "I'm just going out for one quick drink". It has the same after effects too - you're in your bathroom wondering how on earth you got to that point, and then you check your wallet and want to cry.

So, to help you blow off that pointless list, here are some new things from our favorite drugstore for you to try out next time you're popping in for some "essentials"



Lee Stafford shampoos, conditioners and treatments. I am obsessed. I was sent a few items from the blonde shampoo range and the Argan oil range. Love how much better my colour looks thanks to these. I have managed to last almost 3 months without highlights so keeping my locks from looking brassy is no easy task - and therefore I will happily vouch for the blonde shampoo range.
From the Argan oil range I was given the Miracle Heat Defense spray and the Miracle Shine Spray - and I am really enjoying both, particularly the shine spray. It adds shine to dry locks without weighing my hair down. Because my hair is short I have to be extra careful not to spray too near the roots as it can end up looking greasy - but for you mermaid haired ladies, go nuts, you'll love it.



Hand Chemistry promises to fight the 8 signs of hand aging and to deliver results in 11 days, with continued improvement over 2 months. I don't really have an issue in the hand department so I can't tell you if it really does combat the signs of hand aging. What I can tell you is that is smells heavenly, absorbs quickly and my hands feel like a baby's. I keep it on my bedside table and use it daily. At R300 its a total spoil, and more than most would spend on a hand cream, but I think it would make an amazing gift. Too late for Mother's Day, but for her birthday perhaps? Will I repurchase once mine runs out? Probably yes. I've been forever ruined by how luxurious this one is and don't know if another hand cream will come close.


Next up is an interesting product. They are basically elixirs which remind me of a high school friend's mother, who was forever getting us to swallow this bright pink stuff. She swore we wouldn't get sick and would have lots of energy. And while it did nothing for me, my friend who took it daily was never, ever ill, and was more energy than I could handle on most days - so maybe his mom was right.

These two liquid supplements are retailing at R300 each. The first is called The Beauty Molecule and contains a potent molecule called Resveratol, found in grape skins and Japanese knotweed. The benefits are the slowing of the aging process - so the idea is to take this daily and prevent aging from the inside out.

The second is called The  Hyaluronic Molecule. Hyaluronic acid is known for it's ability to hold 100 times it's weight in water and is hence a very interesting development in anti-aging. It lubricates and cushions the joints and provides a plumper and better support structure for your skin. So by taking this daily, you're encouraging your bod to hydrate from the inside out. And we all know that hydrated skin means less wrinkles, and even less break-outs.

Thats it for now ladies. Until next time, enjoy your next drugstore haul!

xx
Leigh




FOLLOW ME ON:
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Love it? Need more info or have a question? Chat to me in the comments section. xx Leigh

© Pretty Mint | All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig