Tuesday 9 September 2014

Forever 21 Spring look



Forever 21 is opening this week after much anticipation. Especially from my part. Each trip to the good 'ol US-of-A has resulted in a new suitcase purchase and this is mostly because of losing my mind in a Forever21 store. The price point is amazing, and the selection is so on trend. New styles are added daily so you can check back all the time for something new.

The team at Forever21 kindly invited me to check out a sample from their Spring collection and to pick out some of my favourite pieces to compile a look. They are then going to put my look up on their Facebook page and let their fans vote on the best blogger look. Now I am not really an "in-front-of-the-camera" kind of fashion blogger. I prefer the shopping and putting it together than I do the primping and pouting. But for some fun, and to celebrate the grand opening, I gave in and took a snap with my iPhone. The horror is below for your laughing pleasure....


So about my look... I chose a cute graphic lightweight knit (R429), a pair of high-waisted embroidered shorts (R579 and will be mine for sure), a wide brimmed sun-hat (R279), and a simple gold bar necklace (R79). I loved that all of these are perfect transitional items that look great together, but that will work with so pretty much everything in your wardrobe. The high waisted shorts are actually quite slimming over the bum and thighs, and they cover the muffin top that developed over the course of my Thailand holiday. Pad Thai isn't as healthy as I'd like to believe so it turns out.

Nevermind, the loose fit jersey covers my Winter sins while I work my tushy off and if I manage to snap one up at the launch, I think I'll probably live in it for the rest of the season. Its so soft and comfy and makes me feel happy.

The wide brimmed hat was chosen because I am beyond over fedoras and cowboy hats. Lets move on ladies. Try this ladylike number to cover a bad hair day and keep your face from getting old and  haggard in the sun.


Thats pretty much it. Now here is where you guys come in. After you've finished picking yourself up from the heap of giggles on the floor thanks to the above attempt at a fashion selfie, please go and vote. I am really in it for the glory, but the prize is pretty darn sweet too. Its a R2100 voucher to spend - and I'd love to share it with you guys should I win. So we both score R1050 to splurge on a few Spring goodies.
Head over to the Facebook page and go vote. Let me know that you have in the comments section and I'll do a draw on Thursday, so we can get the winner their voucher in time for the weekend.

Ok seriously, stop laughing now.

To keep up to date with all things Forever 21, follow them on Twitter
SHARE:

10 comments

  1. Hi Leigh - I've just been onto Forever21's FB page to vote for your pic, but can't seem to find it? HELP?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They haven't put it up yet. So frustrating. Will tweet as soon as its live .
      xx

      Delete
  2. Totes voted for u girls ;) Kim D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just voted for your pic. Liked it and left a comment. Love that hat on you

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just voted for you Leigh and also left a comment...you look so beautiful! Jolandi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Voted. LOVE the oversized jersey. YES PLEASE! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Voted! :) My FB name is Lauren Dixon-Paver. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Voted :) Love the look, especially the jersey - it looks so comfy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Leigh - I've voted for your pic on the Forever21 FB page. I liked the pic and left a comment

    ReplyDelete

Love it? Need more info or have a question? Chat to me in the comments section. xx Leigh

© Pretty Mint | All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig