Friday 6 March 2015

Splurge vs Steal | Beauty Edition



I normally compare fancy pants shoes, bags and investment item clothing in this segment, but this week I want to share some little gems that I've found lately.

Lets start with the eyeshadow palettes.
I own the Naked 3 palette and I love it. It is my favourite of the three by Urban Decay by a mile, because I am a sucker for blush and nude shades. But it is a mission to get your hands on it in South Africa, and if you do, you'll be forking up between R800 and R1500 for it, which is stupidly expensive. (I got mine on sale while on holiday overseas)

Dischem stocks a brand called L.A. Girl and it is ridiculously cheap. I mean, it really and truly is going for a steal. Not all of the products are winners, but I can honestly recommend their concealer, and now their eyeshadow palettes as well. I picked up three, seeing as they were ONLY R69,95 each. I bought the Nudes, Smoky and Ultra and still had change for a sneaky chocolate bar at the till.
I rushed home to compare the Nudes to my Naked 3 palette and was shocked at how close the shades are - its virtually a direct copycat. And it works almost as well. While you aren't going to get the soft, buttery luxury of the Naked range, the colour payoff is as good and for that price, you may as well go for it. If nothing else, it makes for a perfect travel companion.

Now for the brush cleaners. It is quite simple. It is a job we all hate doing, and quite honestly, these products all do the same job. So why pay R180 when you can pay R69,95 at Rubybox? I also prefer the spritz bottle.

So for R200, you can grab a new eyeshadow palette and a brush cleaner, and still have some change for a cocktail with your girls. Perfect.
SHARE:

6 comments

  1. Why did LA Girl take so long to launch this pallet??? I love my Naked 3 but would have loved to get a cheaper version that is so similar. LA Girl is definitely one to keep an eye on. Their stuff is so affordable but also really great quality. Hoping to see more great things from them

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always end up grabbing something on a Dischem run.....so affordable and fun to try out.

      Delete
  2. YAY!!! I adore this! I'm yet to try the Naked range and always see girls pretty much orgasm over it on various blogs. I'll definitely give the LA Girl palettes a whirl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are so cheap. Too good to resist....just do it.

      Delete
  3. Sooo regretting not getting the LA Girl nude palette when I was looking at it a couple of weeks ago. Have seen nothing but rave reviews!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hoping they bring more in. Loads of girls want to try it and I think it would make a lovely gift.

      Delete

Love it? Need more info or have a question? Chat to me in the comments section. xx Leigh

© Pretty Mint | All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig