Friday 22 May 2015

Clinging to youth

        
After hitting the big 3-0, I suddenly noticed the way conversation about skin changed with my girlfriends. Suddenly everything became about anti-aging, preserving youth or the worst, still getting breakouts when we thought we’d left those years well behind us.
What is boils down to is being a grown up about it and begin investing in your skin for your later years. Odds are you’ve probably done a fair amount of damage by baking in the sun in your 20’s. So your 30’s is as good a time as any to try and make up for it as best you can. This means shelling out on skincare and treatments. Be it botox, laser, peels and intensive facials, to establishing a proper at-home regime with decent products. 


This is where Amy from Pulse Dermatology came into my life. I was referred by a friend and went to try out a “lunchtime lift” laser therapy. I also sat with Amy to chat about Botox and fillers, and using the correct products to correct things that I worry about like pigmentation. She was based in the UK for years and has a long list of celebrity clients, including Kate Moss, under her belt – so you couldn’t be in better hands. After the facial my skin was brighter, tighter and firmer - which is my secret for still coming out in my 20's on that nasty "how old am I" app. 
She also sent me off with a Meseostetic brightening cream that I use in the evenings, which has done wonders for my skin tone and pigmentation. The whole switch to professional skincare is not a cheap round – but I’d rather swap out my takeaway coffees for the month and still look 30 when I’m 45. Well, that’s the goal anyway….


Alf Street, Kenridge, Cape Town, 7550, South Africa

+27 21 914 0447
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Love it? Need more info or have a question? Chat to me in the comments section. xx Leigh

© Pretty Mint | All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig