Friday 8 May 2015

Sweet like candy


I finally got my butt down to Candy Nails in Green Point this week. I have been wanting to check it out since they launched. They are part of the OneUp Lifestyle centre that includes a little bit of everything. The first of its kind in South Africa, this ground breaking new centre is home to Point Break Fitness, Cape Town Fight Club, TAGG Coffee, Fake Bake Tanning, Candy Nails, Shink Tattoos and Lost Boys Tattoos. 
So basically all I heard was that you can get your nails done while watching hot boys train at a boxing gym. And I certainly wasn't disappointed. 


Candy Nails is an in-house nail salon ('in-house' meaning inside a glass box overlooking hot boys workout) specializing in manicures and pedicures for both men and women. The store also stocks BattleHouse Cosmetics brands such as Alila, Fake Bake, Lip Attack, LVX. The interior of this upmarket salon is bright, fun, playful and decorated with candy for clientele to enjoy. 
Courtesy of the team behind Candy Nails, I got to enjoy a mani and get some acrylic tips done. I also chose to try out the new LVX nail lacquer that is brand new to SA. It has this beautiful gel-like finish and I am in love with the colour range. They have the best range of nudes I've seen yet.

The girls are brilliant, friendly and chatty and the edgy vibe and decor within the gym setting makes for a really unique experience. Did I mention the glass window into the gym where the hot men were? Yes? Okay. Well Pervy McPerverson over here thinks its great.


The coffee from TAGG was a nice touch. On top of it all, there was underground parking, which is free - this may sound like a random point to make in a review, but parking in Cape Town will bankrupt you, or there will be none available at all and you'l have to walk three blocks in heels to get wherever you're going. So parking right outside and for free, it gets two thumbs up from me.
I honestly see no reason to get your nails done anywhere else.

Find them at 39 Somerset Road, GreenPoint. Tel: 087 236 3068
Or via Facebook and Twitter
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Sounds great! I'll add it to my list so next time I'm in the area, we can check it out. :)

    ReplyDelete

Love it? Need more info or have a question? Chat to me in the comments section. xx Leigh

© Pretty Mint | All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig